Tahoe Mods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MICHAEL

Reaction score
So I have a couple questions regarding Tahoe body modifications.

1) Would a body kit off of a Tahoe Ltd. fit on a "regular" Tahoe?

2) Where can I get Cadillac tail lights for my Tahoe?

3) How do you black out headlights?

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
So I have a couple questions regarding Tahoe body modifications.

1) Would a body kit off of a Tahoe Ltd. fit on a "regular" Tahoe?

2) Where can I get Cadillac tail lights for my Tahoe?

3) How do you black out headlights?

#1- Yes. Try to find some at a wrecking yard because they are really, really expensive from the dealer. My estimating program says $360.ea for the rockers and right at $300 ea for the rear ones. That does not include the retainers. I think Street Scene makes some that look pretty close for much less.

#2- Wrecking yard. Or you can go with some of the aftermarket LED options out there.

#3- There are a few ways to do this. You can paint them with a 10 to 1 ratio of black and clear. Or you can have a tint shop do it. They have a specific tint made for that application. Same can be done for your taillamps.

MICHAEL

Reaction score
#1- Yes. Try to find some at a wrecking yard because they are really, really expensive from the dealer. My estimating program says $360.ea for the rockers and right at $300 ea for the rear ones. That does not include the retainers. I think Street Scene makes some that look pretty close for much less.

#2- Wrecking yard. Or you can go with some of the aftermarket LED options out there.

#3- There are a few ways to do this. You can paint them with a 10 to 1 ratio of black and clear. Or you can have a tint shop do it. They have a specific tint made for that application. Same can be done for your taillamps.

Thanks for all the great information. Helped out a lot.

caddys have the same tails...

I mean the ones you see plugged into a lot of mini trucks.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh. gotcha. yea, junkyard for sure. i was there the other day, 2 tahoes (stripped) and there musta been 30 caddys, all cars. so those lights should be easy to find there.

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
Yes sir I am. That is kinda expensive. Do you think those would look cool on a Tahoe? I know it's personal taste but what do you think?

I think it could look really cool. I like smooth simple lines on my vehicles and if those are done right, they would look good. Sir Michaels also has the taillamp filler panels so you could do your own thing if you have the knowlege. You could also fabricate your own filler panels...if you know how.

WH0DAMAN

Reaction score
Here are the some photos of somebodys Tahoe that has already done the Cadi taillamp mod.

Attachments

• Cadi taillamp mod.jpg
    Cadi taillamp mod.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Cadi taillamp mod 2.jpg
    Cadi taillamp mod 2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Cadi taillamp mod 4.jpg
    Cadi taillamp mod 4.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 142
  • Cadi taillamp mod 3.jpg
    Cadi taillamp mod 3.jpg