Tahoe values and market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scany

Reaction score
Guys, I'm selling my 'hoe. It'll be sad to let her go, but I just can't keep her anymore.

Anyone tried the market for these cars lately? I got mine for $8500 a year and half ago. Since then I've put almost the same amount into it with a new engine and all that involves. I feel lucky if I get $6500 for it now... but also feels like a rip-off :crazy:

I put it out here and on Craigslist - Washington DC. I guess my question will be answered soon enough.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
With the current way the things are now, there is no way you will get 6500 for it. Thats just the way it is. I think you are going to lose your but with all the $$ you put into it.

I wish you luck

Scany

Reaction score
I know I'll loose a lot of money on it. But I'd loose more not doing what I did to it, so it's sort of sunk cost. But I see some Tahoes out there listed from 5 to 7 thousand. Doesn't mean they'll sell for that I guess.

I need to find someone that will appreciate and pay for the extras that mine has. It would be fun to take it to Carmax just to see what they would give. Probably $3000 if even that.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '96 was listed for sale for $7,500 three months ago. I bought it 2 weeks ago for a tad over $5K with all the mods. The market is tough..

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 4200 for my 99 4-door 3 months ago with about 103k miles. they had been asking 6995 at the dealer, but i bypassed that whole dealer thing. it all depends on who's out there and how bad they really want it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm selling my 'hoe. It'll be sad to let her go, but I just can't keep her anymore.

Anyone tried the market for these cars lately? I got mine for $8500 a year and half ago. Since then I've put almost the same amount into it with a new engine and all that involves. I feel lucky if I get $6500 for it now... but also feels like a rip-off :crazy:

I put it out here and on Craigslist - Washington DC. I guess my question will be answered soon enough.

Why are you selling. Gas is cheap. And if its money realated why would you want to loose so much. Just asking why you are selling???? But yea 6500 at the most these days.

Scany

Reaction score
Well, I need something newer and that can tow more. My track car will get heavier next year, so my 5000 pounds are exceeded.

I'm not desperate to sell. If it doesn't work I'll try trade-in or just throw more money at it to upgrade it. I do like my Tahoe a lot.

As for price I'm prepared to go lower than 6500, but going to far under 6000 would be hurting.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
My advice to you is to clean that truck up the best way you can, inside, out and engine bay. Take some nice pics, and throw it out on an ad. Be it Ebay, Auto Trader, Vehix. You will have a better chance of not taking such a big hit.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 99 z71 tahoe in very good condtion perfect interior, exterior, seemed like good tires but now I know they're not, minor mechanical stuff, 134k miles a few weeks ago.

I paid $4000 it was marked $8000 on the window. It was at a big Bu-Pon-GMC dealer as a trade in. old enough that they didn't have it with their regular used stuff, it was in the back of the lot probably waiting to go to auction.

I looked at autotrader, the paper, craigslist, ebay and just driving around in used car dealer areas so much for 2 weeks that it seemed like a 2nd job. $6500 was my limit but I wanted something way less. Most everything I saw was marked $6000-$7500 (98-01 4doors, almost all of them with 4wd and leather) so they were probably expecting to get $5-$6.5.

I think I got mine so good because of the mileage and the fact that I had this tiny little sales guy drag out a huge jump-box (bad batt) 3 times across the lot and then arrange for it to be put on on a lift so I could look underneath. He wanted me gone some way or another!

I wanted to pay $3500 or $4000 for this so I offered him $3000 and he said he'd have to take it to his manager. He walks up there and I hear the manager do this loud over-dramatic laugh. They call me up there and the manager says they have $5600 invested in it. I just said "well I know why you paid that much for it and I know you wont get that back so come on" ended up getting it for $4000 and a brand new interstat battery. (That's probably $150 right there!)

I'd have paid more than that for yours if it was in similar condition with the new motor. but probably not more than 5 or 5.5 unless it was just completely amazing.

DaveEye

Reaction score
Well, KBB value on the '99 Yukon I just bought my wife was around $5,600. It is an SLT with leather & tow package and 134,000 miles. I bought it from a used car dealer for $2,200 a week ago, so it looks like I got a better deal than I thought. I think market value here in California is around $4,000, but if you guys can get around $6,000 then I'm pretty pleased with the purchase :)

Scany

Reaction score
I think you guys are right around the mark with $4000. I went to a dealer last night where they first gave me $1000 for trade in. After hours of talks and me not wanting to part with the Tahoe for that price they finally came up to $3000 and then when I left ran out the door offering $4000. I think that was a great offer on a trade-in.

But being awake all night thinking about this I can't let the Tahoe go for that amount. I'll keep it and try to keep it around friends and family. One option is to sell cheap to family, and another is to sell to a friend and then buy it back when he leaves after 9 months.

I know you won't get back what you put into a vehicle, but in this case it's just crazy. Everything is almost brand new and I'm sure I could get $4000 just for a few parts.

If you wonder what I'm looking at now I can tell you it's a 2008 F-150 FX2 Supercrew w/LSD.

Wheels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been thinking of selling mine too... but, i can't let it go that cheap.

good luck with the sale... it's a nice hoe.

Scany

Reaction score
Got my new 08 Ford F150 FX2 yesterday, but decided to keep the hoe for now. I'll put it out on eBay after christmas and see how it goes.

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Nice 'Hoe! i think you COULD get a little more for her though.I traded my '02 LT 4x4 Autoride for $10,500 so i don't know.Good luck with the sale either way!:)

Beef

Reaction score
I bought mine late last year for 1.6k 160k miles 99 LT Tudor. Clean inside and out for the mileage

Scany

Reaction score
Sold it today. Waiting to finalize deal tomorrow. Sold it for asking prize and could probably get more seeing the interest, but I need it gone by tomorrow to save on another deal.