Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert B

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a new member, Got a problem....Bought a 99 Tahoe about a month ago, needed a new cam position sensor and other little things done....took the battery out while I worked on it, got the work done, now it won't start, it starts for about a sec then dies like it's not getting gas...did I screw it up?...do I need to take it in and have the computer reprogrammed? any help would be very appreciated.....

sadsack2

Reaction score
welcome, start with the little things, recheck your connectors. Just go over everything that was disconnected/removed look for wires pulled out or a missed connector. Also make sure your battery is connections are tight too, this can cause starting and running problems on occasion.

Post your question in the general discussion or mechanical area for more suggestions, maybe someone had this problem too. Hope it's just a loose wire.
Good luck, and again welcome:happy160:

wally18324

Reaction score
hello all. New to this forum, Hope I am doing it right. Maybe someone can give me some insight, because I am going crazy and broke with my Tahoe. I own a 2003 Tahoe 4x4, 4.8 engine. I have a total of 255,000 miles. My issue is When I bank to the right I get this moaning noise from front end. I checked the front end and all is tight. Changed both hub bearings, axles. brakes and rotors. I happens when I go forward, it also does it banking left but not as pronounced. I was told it was coming from the front diff, also had that repaired and the noise is still there, also installed new front tires, no change. Now they are disconnecting the front drive shaft. I know it aint that because it does not turn in 2wheel drive. Ive invested quite a bit in the truck, it runs like a top. So please someone point me in the right direction. Thanks