The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckd026

Reaction score
2002 Tahoe LT with 310K miles just traded for 2012 LTZ!

We just traded in our 2002 Tahoe LT - 310,000 miles! Had a transmission issue at 125k and replaced it with a rebuilt at 305K miles. We used it for everything - pulling a small enclosed racing trailer every summer for at least 8 weekends, trips to the east coast, pulling a dump-bed tailer with mulch and one trip to New Mexico. While it was well worn and started to have small issues before we traded, I never expected to get this kind of mileage. And its the main reason we went back for another one!

FishinCricket

Reaction score
253k on the 2000 Z71 Tahoe and its still running strong, though I am currently in the process of trading it off for a bit newer one..

KLFER

Reaction score
121K 2003 Tahoe! I have only replaced the water pump. hope thats a good sign.

Slapahoe

Reaction score
I own a 2000 lt it has 240000 runs strong no leaks no knocks but burns a little oil on long trips

mjdupre

Reaction score
2003 110K and still on original Brake Pads !!!

Keep checking them now and again but still plenty of pad left.
No real problems other than slight bumper rust that most/all Z71's.

Last edited:

FishinCricket

Reaction score
2002 lt 153,890 runnin strong (dont know of past issues recent purchase none on carfax)

Carfax rarely shows major mechanical repairs, mostly it's for accidents and such, though more and more pit lanes and lube shops are reporting these days... Just FYI

AJ_Tahoe

Reaction score
2001 Chevy Tahoe

Recently bought a used 2001 Tahoe LT with 165000. Tahoe runs well and still has a bit a of a "kick" when accelerating. Minor repairs such as driver side and rear window motor. Concern: A little bit of oil leak, maybe less than a teaspoon.

:peace:

GBTAYLOR

Reaction score
My 98 Tahoe has 210000 with the original engine, just replaced the trans rebuilt the T-case and now need to replace the bearings in the front axle as well as the rear wheel cylinders. I have been in the mountains of Montana and the everglades in Florida. I love this 2Dr Hoe.

mostwnted

Reaction score
My black '95 LT 4X4 4-door 'Hoe with stock TBI 5.7L just rolled 250k two nights ago, owned it since Jan of 2000 and do all of my own maintenance & swear by Mobil 1 synthetic. Never had the engine/trans/transfer case/front or rear axles out of the truck, or ever had the intake, timing cover of valve covers off. Replaced the usual alternator (once), radiator, hoses, condensor (from a rock), u-joints, tierods/pitman/idler arms, exhaust and did the A/C compressor & accumulator last summer (only because the a/c clutch shoes wore out & clutch was grinding when operating). Basic wear/service items. Original fuel pump (as far as I've owned it)

Replaced the 4L60E O/D servo with a 'vette unit the day I bought it and use LubeGard platinum with every trans flush (I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with a 4L60E) - never had a trans problem yet. I tow a car hauler and 21' boat on a tandem axle trailer often. Truck has been off road, driven 'spiritedly' and through every Chicago winter I've owned it. Very minor rust typical on the bottom of the rear barn doors (no holes), few dents and scratches but overall best damn vehicle I've ever owned. :peace:

chevyguy21

Reaction score
My 2005 Tahoe 5.3L Autoride 2wd has 112,000 miles and still going strong. I change the oil every 3000 miles (Mobile 1 conventional oil, Napa filter), trans oil every 50k miles. At 100k miles, I swapped out battery, flushed radiator, changed water pump (slight leak), swapped out the spark plugs, swapped out the brake fluid and the differential fluid as well.

I also replace the air filter every 15k and rotate and balance the tires every 5-6K. I have a lifetime wheel alignement that I purchased for $189 so I get it aligned every year.

I've never had a problem with the brakes and to this day, the original pads and discs are going strong...never replaced, but I'm sure I am close.

The Autoride system is still operating strong too. Not sure how much longer that will last, but when it reaches its limit, I'm going to be visiting Arnott Suspensions for replacement; much cheaper $$.

The Tahoe is 8 years old in March 2013 and there have been no mechanical issues with it at all. I plan on keeping this beauty as long as it runs. By far, the best vehicle I have ever owned hands down. ;)

Last edited:

Lowufo

Reaction score
Just purchased an 05 Yukon SLT with 60 000 km I also have a 95 Yukon SLE with 234 000 km. The 95 has been bullet proof for past 10 years...

DesertZ71

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2003 Tahoe Z71 with 75k one owner miles on it. Every maintenance record, oil changed every 3K. Replaced the shocks with Bilsteins and the gauge cluster just shot craps....temp gauge failed. This is a 3rd car..I plan on putting a new set of tires on it and keeping it indefinitely. Other than some front seat bolster wear, the truck is pristine.

P. Dub

Reaction score
new to the tahoe forums guys my 04 tahoe has 38xxx miles doing its first oil change

aplagens

Reaction score
02 4X4 Z71 195,000
hubs are being replaced on the front
Pump rub...fixed it myself, so far no major issues...done about 5k ago
Weird grind thing going on with cold (under 40) weather like lube isnt working....might need to replace just changed front diff fluids....put 75x90, just realized I need the 75X140....ugh

doylee4693

Reaction score
02 4X4 Z71 195,000
hubs are being replaced on the front
Pump rub...fixed it myself, so far no major issues...done about 5k ago
Weird grind thing going on with cold (under 40) weather like lube isnt working....might need to replace just changed front diff fluids....put 75x90, just realized I need the 75X140....ugh

75-90 is actually correct

dennis1221

Reaction score
232000 miles on my 04 tahoe. all sorts of issues popping up as of late unfortunately....