The official how many miles on your Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 LT3 - 26k+ miles.

Some tranny issues (I think it's slipping) that I need to get to the dealer to have checked out.

No other issues!

JHOLLAND727

Reaction score
01 Tahoe 139k- Egr Valve, Small Interior Parts, Power Sterring Pump, The Hinge Broke On The Back Glass. Still Love It. Have Driven All Across The Country. 14.7 Mpg +/- .2 Every Time. K&n Filter. Major Problems. When Its Above 88 Degrees Outside Or 75 Pulling A Trailor, The Ac Cuts Out And The Temp Needle Spikes. It Over Heats Ever W/o Ac. Have Replaced The Thermostat And Sending Unit. Need Programmer To Utilize Thermo. Flushed Inside And Outside Of Radiator. Any Suggestions W/o Visiting A Dealership

shadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'00 LT - 5.3L

97K miles

Some electrical probs/glitches, finally got them cleared up around year 3, but was nothing really major.

Some steering probs - pitman arm replaced (around 33k miles), P/S steering leak, "mid-shaft" steering link/shaft replaced, AWD/4WD selector switch replaced at around 90K miles, driver side power window motor and regulator went bad at around 80K miles.

Worst problem, rear pinion gear let go, rear was rebuilt under warranty at around 65K miles.

Engine has had minor piston slap since around 10K miles, but goes away fairly quickly and has not seem to have affected performance.

Gas guage sender went bad at around 65K miles, replaced under warranty.

Gas pump whines when gas is below around 1/4 - 1/8 full, has done that since year 3.

Still has original plugs, etc., and runs well at this point, although I am considering doing them soon anyway.

I don't consider any of the above to be exceptional, had a 98 BMW 528i that had just as many things to fix.

It has never standed my family anywhere though, and I consider that pretty good.

S7A2G6

Reaction score
04 SLT

289871 miles, with zero major issues. I have had some little electrical issues. My RPM and Speedo have not worked since 05, but who needs to know how fast your going anyways?

My drivers side heated seats quit working. Just replaces the 2/3 shift solenoid. That is about it. Maybe I hold the record for milage?

jrvette

Reaction score
2002 Tahoe LT Autoride with 94,500 miles and no major issues. Love this thing.

thumper525exc

Reaction score
2001 LT - 195,000 miles

195,000 miles up in northern Michigan (winter salt), not too shabby.

Just changed the trans pan fluid & filter, oil & air filter, got a fuel filter but I swear that little bugger is welded on. I doused it last week with WD40, then 2-days ago with Blaster, again with Blaster yesterday...any tips out there?

terryt

Reaction score
2000 Tahoe LT

191K miles

just replaced fuel pump, intake gasket next I think. Drivers power window, passenger is next.

kastiron

Reaction score
Update, 214,414 miles as of this morning. Still going..

99, LT 4 door. 171k miles.

Only large problems I had with it was the transmission needed rebuilt at 40k mmiles, and the transfer case cover was worn through by a gear at around 140k. My only gripe about it currently is the front driver seat, and the fact that replacements seem to be VERY scarce.

My local mechanic had a hard time with the steering wheel (EVO sensor) problem, ended up replacing EVERY component in the steering undercarriage before I read on this forum about the el cheapo fix. At least I have a pretty new front end!

I was thinking of trading for an 07 when I saw them, but will probably keep this 99 until it gives up the ghost.

c-dub42

Reaction score
05 Yukon XL, 135k on the 8.1 and running strong. Little bit of stumble and hesitation when I smash the pedal with a trailer hooked up, hope plugs and wires will fix that. I heard these big blocks hate ethanol fuel. other than the rock chips that come from a life on the interstate it looks like it just rolled off the lot. And lovin it

04TahoeJeff

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe LT 2wd flex fuel motor. I bought new in 12/2003. List price was $44k and I paid $34K out the door. Now have 90,000 miles. Never given me one single problem. My guages never acted up but I had replaced under the GM recall warranty at 69k miles. I still have original brake pads and they are right at 1/2 worn. Should go 150k on them. When dealer did guages (scratched up dash bezel, should have done myself) they did a courtesy inspection. Liars come to me and say I need brakes. Pissed me off that they tried to pull that, they didn't know I know more about my vehicle than they do and they treated me like I was stupid. Never go to any dealer again if I don't have too. I use Mobile 1 oil, standard tranny fluid, k&n air filter. Changed my tranny fluid at 40k, rear diff at 40k, coolant 40k and just did all again at 90k. When it starts to stumble off idle I immeadiately use seafoam and that fixes that. I used to trade vehicle every 4 years but can't let go of this one. Never wrecked, garage kept, leather like new, and not one scratch on the vehicle. It looks better than new. Its never in the sun long, garaged at home and work during the day. That is the number one interior saver, no cooked leather and plastic so no rattles either. Its drives like new and screams off the line.

jsaintj

Reaction score
just turned 150,000

I just turned 150,000 miles on my 2005 Z-71 last week. I bought it with 130,000 on it and have no regrets what so ever. Best used car purchase I've ever had besides my '92 Camaro. Only had a small charcoal emissions canister problem and wheel hub replaced last year. The only other thing is the pesky little problem with the four wheel drive service light and a small squeak from one of the third row seats. Other than these problems it runs like a champ, is quiet even over bumpy streets and launches of the line like it was still brand new. I plan to drive this thing until after I retire in 25 years. GM got it right with this model.

tml4life

Reaction score
92000 Miles

I bought my 2006 tahoe with 87000 miles on it back in March, she still runs and looks brand new, and I plan to keep it that way. :D

It now has 92000 miles on it, still strong!

fuzzy dice

Reaction score
I got my 2001 Yukon 3 years ago with 94,000 on the clock...as of today I have 147,700 on her...I have replaced the fuel pump, brake pads and today I replaced the original 10 year old battery...runs like a champ and I tow a 5,000 lb. drag race car and trailer about 10,000 to 12,000 miles per year...