Thinking about buying a low mileage 2005 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AttyVette

Reaction score
I don't currently own a Tahoe but if my daughter and her family don't buy my parents 2005 Tahoe, I am thinking about buying it. Any comments about the 2005 Tahoes would be greatly appreciated !

I was reading posts on this forum that these vehicles seem to hold up well ( for the most part anyways) and my parents Tahoe only has 44,500 miles on it and it is a one owner car. Their vehicle is a 2005 Tahoe LT , has auto leveling with leather quad bucket seats, 3rd row seats, entertainment sytem, trailer towing package, sunroof etc.. My dad doesn't want to get rid of it but my mothers health is poor and she is currently in a rehab hospital. Anyways, today the physical therapy people told them that they must get another vehicle because my mother cannot safely climb up into the Tahoe any longer.

Thus, any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated about buying a 10 year old Tahoe!

Donut Slayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Z71 Hoe and my wife has a 2004 GMC Yukon. Both have close to 150k. Neither has had any issues other than reg maintenance. Very good vehicles.

SteveCV

Reaction score
We have a 2005 Tahoe LS 4WD. We bought it new. It has 110K miles. We tow, camp, ski, and beach with it. It has had a few problems, mostly with the 4WD, but otherwise has been a great vehicle. Sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding the sale but if they've taken decent care of it, it should have many good miles left.

AttyVette

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes I think this Tahoe will make an excellent vehicle for either our daughter or us!! My father has done the maintenance on the Tahoe and I know it doesn't get great gas mileage but I have driven it and love it!

cattleshow

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes I think this Tahoe will make an excellent vehicle for either our daughter or us!! My father has done the maintenance on the Tahoe and I know it doesn't get great gas mileage but I have driven it and love it!

2005,only 44K miles, sign the papers as quick as you can or I will buy it. LOL
My 05 has 142K and I hope to double that.
Your millage will depend on your axle ratio and driving habits.
Ive never got below 14mpg even pulling our travel trailer on a 3K mile Colorodo,Utah tour last summer,
These Tahoes are a sweet vehicle,you will be spoiled like the rest of us.
This Forum is the place to be for any info. :happy160:

AttyVette

Reaction score
2005,only 44K miles, sign the papers as quick as you can or I will buy it. LOL
My 05 has 142K and I hope to double that.
Your millage will depend on your axle ratio and driving habits.
Ive never got below 14mpg even pulling our travel trailer on a 3K mile Colorodo,Utah tour last summer,
These Tahoes are a sweet vehicle,you will be spoiled like the rest of us.
This Forum is the place to be for any info. :happy160:

That's great information..thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. My 2002 Trailblazer has 228,900 miles on it so far and we still love it. I would have loved to buy the Tahoe though,even though Trailblazer is still going strong. My parents Tahoe though is a big step above what we currently own so that's why I wanted to buy it. My daughter told me that she and her husband want to buy the Tahoe from my parents so I guess that I will have to wait to see if they end up buying the Tahoe after all. If I turns out that I won't be able to purchase my parents Tahoe, at least I know it is going to a worthy home at my daughters house. :)