Throwing Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much reached a dead end with ideas. About three weeks ago my Tahoe threw a code P0101, it would intermittently go off and on for about a week. About two weeks ago it stayed on...I cleaned the MAF sensor and the code cleared for about two days. It then came back on, figuring the MAF was going bad I replaced the MAF sensor, the code cleared for about a day and then came back. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I could do to solve this code?

Thanks

Paul

Grebbler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MAF sensor uses high frequencies (up to 10,000 hertz) to do it's thing and is therefore subject to radio or EMF interference. Check the harness for breaks and/or bad connections. Routing the wires too close to things like relays, ignition wires and motors will induce interference. Check all your grounding wires for corrosion. Air leaks between the sensor and the throttle body will also throw a code. You may have to have a garage pull the Freeze Frame data to see the conditions when the code was set.

Good luck.

Greb

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duplicate to below, sorry

Last edited:

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the MAP the same as the Mass Air Flow Sensor? If not is the MAP easy to replace?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
You might also want to check for any vacuum leaks around and uner the intake manifold. Use either propane or carb cleaner. What you are going to listen for is a change in your idle.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't vacuum leaks cause a drivability issue? I really don't notice any difference in the engine while in operation.

chevytech03

Reaction score
No they are not the same, The MAP sensor is located on top of the intake at the rear, have to remove plastic mounting plate for eng cover to access, 3 10mm bolts, then the map sensor pulls straight up. I have had to repl many MAP sensors for code P0101, GM sent out a bulletin for this condition a few years ago.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it...not hard to get to, noted that it was really loose in its place with the ruber gasket warped in one location...guess I will take a run to the auto parts store tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.