To drop or not to drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smallest wheel I run on this truck is a 20, gonna have to once I get the brakes on. My stockers are 17" as well as the spare and I sold them for $500 almost a year ago.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most spindles do require you to have a 17"+ rim. I feel like I saw one that you didn't have to run plus sized rims, but I don't really recall.
If you're looking to make adjustments to the suspension annually, you might consider a lifetime alignment package. I know NTB offers this service and it's a onetime fee for the life of the vehicle.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked all over and couldnt find any spindles that dont require a 17" wheel. That's why i went with the control arms, but would of rather gone with spindles. Diddnt have my 22's at the time

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the spindles and tried to put my 17's back on for the winter and they wouldn't fit. I have the autoride on mine and it still rides like stock, except for those massive bumps. The only suggestion I can make is to do the free travel mod mentioned a billion times on this web site.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are people in to lowering thier suvs and trucks, and raising thier impalas and caprises??:smilielol::smilielol:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why are people in to lowering thier suvs and trucks, and raising thier impalas and caprises??:smilielol::smilielol:

Probably because they want their Tahoe to look different from the other like 6 million on the road, there's nothing like having a car look so different that it catches even the eyes of old people!:)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can do tons of other things to make it different with out making it a big car though. :smilielol: Lowering an SUV is one thing. But raising a CAR is just flat out GHEY!:D:confused2::adr::smilielol:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I guess I do agree raising a car is pretty crazy, plus ghetto!
The only reason people do that its so they can put 24" or 26" wheels on a car!:smilielol:

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hotchkis, belltech, hellwig, most of the brands are similar I'd look at the quality of end links and bar diameter but I'm just getting some hellwigs cuz they're cheap as hell through my work.

Do you have any interest in passing that price along to anyone else?

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m freaking torn here. I have been communicating with this guy in Lincoln (less than an hour from me) and I can get this used McGaughys 2-3'' lowering kit for 200.00. If I have done my research right this is about a 550.00 kit. BUT… if I can’t run by BFG’s in the winter my truck is basically worthless….

Guess I could get a set of 20’s like some Nitto Invo or Grapplers……

Last edited:

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NITTO invo's are very different from the grapplers. The invos are like performance tires, and the grapplers are like the bfg's. Me and my boy put some invos on his c5, so not sure which way your trying to go with this.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wondering what might be good during the winter...... since I can’t run the 16’s if I do this…

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do I right now, but if I change the spindles I can't any more… that’s the problem…..

Last edited:

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because.....it's that simple

Well, take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are wearing the clothes you are wearing.....because you think they look good. It's that simple. As for folks putting 26'' wheels on Buick Regals and such, if that's what they're into who gives a crap. I am sure they are sitting there saying how ghai it is for a bunch of rednecks to be jacking up their big ol' trucks and hanging balls from the hitch. It drives me nuts when people come on these forums and try and talk trash about how other people cultures modify their automobiles. If a person has to say "I don't understand why people....." it just shows one's ignorance.

I can appreciate all the different car cultures from low riders to redneck sky jackers, balls and all. While not all of them are my style or taste it's just cool to see other cultures/people expressing themselves through their automobiles. So for everyone trying to figure out why everyone else is doing what they are doing and passing judgment just chill out and appreciate the fact we live in the United States and can each own our own property and have the right to do whatever the F#@# we want to it................
:party3:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea but you take away so much capability. Now some people may never use it. But still, I would personally never buy a lowered truck from sombody. Now lowering a 2wd sure. But take a true 4x4 and strip it of everything, plus making the ride worse, having to get new brakes for the bigger wheels. Just all that crap that I dont see why. But what eve, its not my truck. I was just curious what the appeal.

MURFS_HOE

Reaction score
Well I have a z71 hoe that has a 3/3 drop and, I still like the ride not as good as stock but 26" took that away,But I would never take my 4wheel drive because that still give me the option to lift it plus I live in Oklahoma so if it snows I still have 4wheel :)

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the boat you are in oneradride I've got spindels and I'd have to buy bigger wheels for winter here in Indiana winter sucks up here! Thats where I'm stuck at trying to some bigger wheels so I don't have to mess with swapping everything out come winter!