Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I-r-welder81

Reaction score
My yukon is totally gutless off the line and going up hills. I can tell its getting too much fuel because if I let off the excelerator it perks up a bit. But not enough to speed up. The throttle body was "recently" rebuilt says the guy I bought it from. . Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I-r-welder81

Reaction score
Also I've checked the plug wires and all vac lines seem good. Unless the lines are not there all together I don't see anything out of place. The engine light comes on While driving down the freeway But goes Off will a code reader pick Anything up? I'm stumped. Please please help haha

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your Rig? Should have stored a code.

If 96+ then check/ clean the MAF sensor. Depends upon what was ment by "throttle body" TBI will not have the MAF sensor.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the EGR valve? MAP sensor? Test both.

I-r-welder81

Reaction score
I'm STILL having problems with engine power and fuel consumption on my 95 Yukon 5.7L. It starts fine. Idles fine. But when I'm on the hwy or going up hills (any size) I have no power to accelerate. The engine bogs down like its flooding. I've changed the rotator, cap, plugs and wires. Also EGR and EGR Solenoid. My concern is the injectors. The look to be squirting not spraying fuel. The exhaust smells badly of un burnt gas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might change the fuel filter, check fuel pressure, run some injector cleaner?

So the spray pattern is droplets and not a fine mist?