Transmission filter change, prooblem removing pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newbeebob

Reaction score
I need to change the trans filter on my 03 Yukon XL. Normally not a big deal, but the selector cable obstructs 2 of the bolts I need to get to to remove the pan. The manual says to remove the transmission mount and remove the brakcet holding the selector cable, then drop the pan. This is a lot of dimantaling to get to those two bolts. Im wondering if there's a better way.

Anyone perform this maintenqnce without having to deal with removing this bracket? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure this will work on a Yukie, but in similar cases I used to remove the trans mount bolts and then put a jack under the back of the trans. Jack it up slowly to gain a few inches of clearance and then use a 1/4" drive extension and swivel socket. Or I really like using wobble extensions.

johny1i

Reaction score
Old thread, but in case anyone finds it in a search...
Just finished replacing my filter and fluid, and no need to remove the transmission mount (granted, it's a Tahoe and not a Suburban/Yukon XL). Just removed the (2) torx bits from above holding the bracket on (T-40's, I believe), swung it out of the way, and got back to the business of removing the pan.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the same thing when I was changing my fluid, now my selector won't go into Park... HAHA