Trouble code 0507

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammerhead8599

Reaction score
Hi all
I am new to the community and would like to pick the collective brain here. I have a 2001 Tahoe 4WD with the 5.3l. I will get a service engine light at random times and the only code stored is 0507 which indicates an unexpected high idle. I call it random because I haven't figured out how to duplicate it so that i can troubleshoot. No matter what road conditions or weather conditions, no matter my driving style this light comes on at random times. The driveability is not affected and once I did notice the idle rising a couple hundred rpm's then it settled down. I know the standard diagnosis is a vacuum leak of some sort but it is hard to tell what if I can't duplicate the problem when I need to. This is just an annoyance but I thought I would throw it out there to see what anyone thinks it might be.
Thanks in advance
SS

hammerhead8599

Reaction score
sorry for the mispost

didn't realize I was in the wrong section for this. If the admin would be so kind as to relocate this to the more appropriate forum
thanks
SS