troubleshooting windshield washer pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
The good news is that I've narrowed down the problem to a faulty the wiper motor circuit board. The bad news is that my local auto parts store has a different part listed as the replacement than what is actually in my car. (The shapes, as well as the orientation of the plug, are different.) I checked with Kragen and rockauto.com, and their database also shows the same replacement part that my local auto parts store thinks I need. Tomorrow, I'll call the dealer to see if they can identify the correct part I need. (I'll also see if they can help me determine if I have a non-OEM wiper module--mine says "Valeo" on it, as well as a list of the following numbers: 1203 1433c 15166514c 24025949.)

---------------------------------------------------
For the record, I just realized I misinterpreted the service manual's test that I mentioned previously:

Test the resistance from the windshield wiper switch supply voltage circuit terminal to the windshield wiper switch signal circuit terminal in the windshield wiper motor harness connector.

Here's my misinterpretation.... I thought I'd have to do the following:
1) open up the the turn signal lever switch, and disconnect its connector
2) open up the windshield wiper motor harness, and disconnect its connector
3) touch one of my multimeter leads to the appropriate wire (ie, supply voltage circuit) at the switch's connector, and the other multimeter lead to the appropriate wire (ie, signal circuit) at the motor's connector
4) measure resistance

I didn't do the above test b/c my leads are not long enough.

This is what I think the test really means:
1) open up the windshield wiper motor harness, and disconnect its connector
2) on this connector, identify the terminal for the wiper switch supply voltage circuit, and the terminal for the windshield wiper switch signal circuit
3) measure resistance

(I failed to recognize that both terminals reside on the connector at the windshield wiper motor harness connector.)

alp7xracing

Reaction score
I have a similar problem with my 2000 GMC Yukon XL, if anyone can help me out...