Turn DRL off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shreksbrother

Reaction score
Did a search (of the forum and user manual) and couldn't find anything. Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights?

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fo shizzle. i know on s10s, if you push the dome override button 3 times, it disables them, but for some reason, not on tahoes. so rollin thunder has the best answer

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I turn off the Automatic Headlamp System and Daytime Running Lamps when necessary?

Turn the ignition to RUN.
Press the DOME OVERRIDE button four times within six seconds.
After the fourth press of the button, a chime will sound informing you the system is off. The system will revert back to the automatic mode when the ignition is turned off and on again.

jimmy b

Reaction score
Just pull the fuse (DTRL) in the L/H end of the dash. vary easy

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the fuse. it doesnt get any easyer than that. i did on mine and they went right out. sinse my fog lights are on when ever the Tahoe is i didnt need 2 sets of lights on during the day. lol

vabordea

Reaction score
The easiest way is to press your emergency brake in just far enough that the brake light comes on the dash. It does nothing to the brakes at all, but does save on the headlight usage.

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes but if you do that you have that light on your dash. also if your brakes are adjested correct just that little bit will engage the rear brakes.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with varbordea. i ALWAYS leave my emergency brake pedal depressed just enough to turn the light on the dash. then i can use the switch to turn on and off my headlights when i need em. i have never had any problems with the ebrake being engaged. nobody with half a brain would have their ebrake set to engage that quick because it would make noise after u went mudding.

of course i know many people with badass offroad trucks that have never seen the mud...what a shame!

i do agree that the light being on does suck, but it's well worth it to be able to kill your lights right before you turn a corner to evade an officer of the law thus losing him and avoiding that dui charge.

but nobody drives drunk, right?

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had forgotten about the "parking" brake trick. i use to do it on my blazer when i came home late and didnt want my parents to wake up.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had forgotten about the "parking" brake trick. i use to do it on my blazer when i came home late and didnt want my parents to wake up.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
:smilielol:

my old k5 blazer did not have drls but i had to turn it off and coast in the last block or so because of my flowmasters. never worked, but was worth a try.

never worked because when i would open the door the dogs would bark, or i would set off the alarm.