turn signal and brake light problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh young

Reaction score
Last week the tail lights started acting crazy on my Tahoe. I noticed while driving that the right turn signal indicator on the dash was blinking fast, so I thought well just a bulb! The problem is on the right side, everything on the left side works perfect. The back up light is fine as is the park light, the trouble is the (turn signal and brake light) on the right side. I replaced all 3 bulbs with double filament ones, replaced the tail light circuit board, and replaced the square relay under the dash. Still not sure where to look, truck is bone stock, and hasnt had any wrecks, bumps, etc. etc. to make me think wiring issues, but I dont know:confused2:. Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem before, any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks in advance!

josh young

Reaction score
fixed

My old man came over, got under the truck and had it fixed in about 30 seconds. Man you talk about feeling stupid, the problem was with the plug- ins under the truck in the rear. ;);)

hotnikks

Reaction score
My old man came over, got under the truck and had it fixed in about 30 seconds. Man you talk about feeling stupid, the problem was with the plug- ins under the truck in the rear. ;);)

How was this fixed?? bad connection? I have the same problem but both rears are doing it

prostreetsrule

Reaction score
what is a plug-in

Josh, my name is Frank, I am having the same exact problem. What is the plug-in you are refering to? Thanks in advance.

bitterspleaf

Reaction score
Does anyone know what "plug ins" he's talking about? I hate it when people post up questions, figure it out then never return to help others who may be experiencing the same problem.

Anyone out there know?? AND care to share?

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a weathertight T under the back of the truck in the frame on the driver's side. It branches out to the tail lights on both sides.

bitterspleaf

Reaction score
There's a weathertight T under the back of the truck in the frame on the driver's side. It branches out to the tail lights on both sides.

Thank you! But how do you fix it and what is the problem? Guy said his old man fixed it in "30 seconds". It's definately something to check out but still confusing.

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would open it up and make sure the connection is clean. Close it back up with some dielectric grease.