Turn signal flasher on 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTH is this thing at?!?! Thought it would be nect to the hazard flasher but it is not.

Anyone have an idea?

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? The actual lightbulb(s), or the switch on the steering column?

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The actual thermal flasher. I'll be installing LEDs in my turn signals so I want to replace it with an electronic flasher instead of installing load resistors on the wiring.

ColaCanyon

Reaction score
It's on the firewall above where the drivers feet are. That's the best way I can describe it. lol. Another easy way to find it is to turn on a blinker and then follow the sound.

BTW I got my flasher from www.superbrightleds.com and it works great. I have LED turns, corners and tails.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol what the hell that's where I looked and didn't find anything. Unless I was looking for the wrong thing.

You have a turn signal and a hazard flasher correct? The hazard one is a square, and I am guessing the turn signal one would be the rectangular box directly above it?

The rectangular box I'm talking about has all kinds of pins on it and is also 2 rows. I'll take a picture tomorrow.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures. The hazard one is the square one. Would the turn signal one be the one above it? the second pic shows all the pins it has. I've seen the one of superbrightleds and it onl has 4 pins and I think they are thinner.

flasher.jpg

flasher2.jpg

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

that ones the chime for leaving your lights on or keys in I think.

And the one you're calling hazard I think is the turn signal one, I've never heard of a separate flasher for hazards but then again except for last week, I've never seen anything done with a flasher since I was a little kid and my dad used to have to replace them all the time.

*Reason I know its for turn signals is because I was trying to diagnose a problem last week and replaced that one. The new one had a different click sound to it than the old one when I used turn signals or hazards. Pull it out and see if neither hazards or turns work or one does and the other doesn't. (my problem is most likely the turn signal/cruise control/wiper stick "multi function switch")

edit: when it's clicking you can feel it if you touch it, I just double checked and my hazards or turn signals both make that small one in your first pic click.

Last edited:

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the top one is the chime....because it chimes lol

As you said I removed the flasher and my hazards did not work but my turn signals still functioned and heard the clicking sound. I guess I'll try to trace the clicking sound and see what I come up with, maybe remove the whole dash and hopefully I'll find it somewhere.

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weird. you got me curious and I pulled mine out and I get no hazards or turns. mine's a 99 though and you wouldn't think there'd really be a difference but maybe so.

Do you have the Z82 trailering package? I do but I wouldn't think that'd be any different up front, just some extra wires in back.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has a 99 also, you guys have a combination flasher.

So I sat and listened to see where the clicking was coming from. Looks like its right above the gas pedal off to the right a bit. Imma remove the lower dash and see what I come up with.

HaKs310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it!

Didn't have to remove the lower dash or anything, it was a PITFA however to get my hand under their to pull the flasher out and put the new one in.