Upgrade Factory Radio To Nav/iPod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marshallsici

Reaction score
I just finished upgrading my 07 Tahoe head unit to the Advent OGM1. The install only took about 2 hours from start to finish. The nice thing about the OGM1 is not losing any of the factory options. The door chime, back up sensors, steering wheel control and rear radio control all work. This is a simple kit which includes everything you need to complete the installation. Walt at ADC Mobile was very helpful in making the installation painless. He has installation video's that show step by step how to install the Advent OGM1. If your looking for an easy Nav/DVD/iPod head unit the Advent OGM1 is the way to go.

Yogi

Reaction score
is this the factory Navi unit or is it a look-a like? Ive seen them on ebay. I noticed that the radio I have has a plug for 1 harness, the navi unit has a plug for 2... I assume thats for rear entertainment, but could be wrong.. Any help would be appreciated.

djvinevibez

Reaction score
yeah im leaning on getting this radio too (Advent OGM1). Seems so simple to install and no headache to deal with like all other name brands. From what ive seen its for bose and non bose vehicles.

Im just trying to find the best deal. Cheapest i found was like $997

RedRocker

Reaction score
Does this have pre-amp outputs to utilize aftermarket amps, or is it just basically a full featured plug-n-play to replace the OE head unit?

Chewie9190

Reaction score
What about the bluetooth? Have you played with that feature to make or receive calls?