upgrading stock foglights to driving lights or better foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thod24

Reaction score
Does anybody out there know if there is an upgrade to the "crappy" foglights that come with the 2003 tahoe/suburban? I would like to change them out to driving lights if possible. I've already changed out the bulbs to PIAA 880 and it didn't do much. The bulbs are definately whiter, but the assembly design just kills the light output. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
There have been member that have installed HID's in their low beams and fog light as well.

thod24

Reaction score
Thanks. I agree that HIDs are probably the way to go.

Are there any assemblies available that are the "plug and play" type? Sort of the instant upgrade. I don't want to spend a ton of money on changing the current configuration.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I just tried doing a search to help you out. There are tons of topics, as this has been covered many times.

Here, use the search and type in HID Fog Lights. You'll see why it would be hard for me to pick one out to show you.

thod24

Reaction score
Thanks. I read that thread a while back and really like your setup. I especially like the lights behind the grill. What lights did you use for that project and how did you install those? Nice work.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Just bought this setup by PIAA.

piaaai1.jpg

and the Sylvania Xenarc X2020 HID conversion
pictures_large_xesk1.jpg

headlightcomparision.jpg

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Picked it up used from a buddy for $150.. Traded him my stock headlights also +50 for the sylvania setup.

I think new the headlights are $440 +shipping and the air damn by itself is 230-260 + whatever the lights are.

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
Damn that's a good deal....I need a buddy like that

His wife hates anything aftermarket on any vehicle. She thinks if it didn't come with it from the factory, it shouldn't be on a vehicle...

He was tired of her b*tching and had to unload this stuff. lol

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my yukon with halogen Piaa extreme white bulbs

IMG00032.jpg

2500K halogen bulbs

IMG00201.jpg

6000k Hids (mounted the ballasts to the top of the skid plate)

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg