Volant CAI Install Help with TB SPACER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOOOO Baby its cold outside...

Either way I picked up BNIB Volant CIA with 4" tube for $150. I <3 CL!

I wanted to do it when I got home...but I figure I would pre-assemble it in the house Heated House and then run outside in the cold and throw it on quick.

The instructions are terrible...There are two rubber gaskets or liners...wutever you want to call them. Where do the go?

The 4" Tube goes over the TB (Duh) but I have a TB and I don't think the bolts they give will fit...If thats the case...what size?

I know the spacer does POO cept a cool whistle sound like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVJTJpfknSc

So I'm not going to uninstall my 90 bling bling whistle...

Plus any other info would help!

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same intake as you and i have a spacer.. so what i did is i left the volant tube off thats the only way... and trust me i was trying to keep the tube but it wont work with the spacer..

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacer is poo! The only way to keep the spacer is go to a local Department store...ACE, Home Depot and got Bigger bolts? Thinking either a bolt or Thread rod screwed in and a nut to hold it down?

You have a 2000 (unless its a limited)

Where do those rubber pieces go?

wmgood64

Reaction score
the 2 gaskets with 3 holes one goes on the inside where the filter horn bolts thru the box and the other one goes on the outside where the maf sensor bolts to the filter horn!A real pain in the ass to get everthing lined up!!!As far as putting on the air ram tube on i put the rubber flange on the bottom of the box clamped with the raditor hose clamp with the headlight ass. out make sure the lower clamp was pointing towards hole then bending the palstic inner fender liner over and sliding it up thru the bottom sliding it into the lower part of the rubber flange aligned with the tow hook hole tighten down clamp. Sounds harder then it is but it was trial and error!! This was on 07 Silverado havent bought one for the Tahoe yet!!

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whered ya get it at??? and the whistles gooo Wooo WOOo!!!
hahah pics look sweet.. i wanna volant, but i feel itll take away from the cowl hood..

wmgood64

Reaction score
don't know where they go my kit didnt have anything like that in it!

2000 limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the delay the go on the box one for each hole good luck. volant could of made this better but they didnt. i left mine off.. i am going to get a s&b intake its made by k&n and way better.... with a clear top.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the delay the go on the box one for each hole good luck. volant could of made this better but they didnt. i left mine off.. i am going to get a s&b intake its made by k&n and way better.... with a clear top.

Left your intake or rubber liners off?

I don't know...looks good the design and intake. Just wish I had time and nice wheather to do it...I'm really anxious to see my gains at the pump since I drive 50 miles a day.

MAYBE MAYBE THE IT WILL JUSTIFY THE TB SPACER LOL

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CL aka craigslist.com

guy hadf it on for a while I offered him 150 the first time he said no...finally came back on...I offered him again and he took it...He has a wrecked custom 2 dr that made 375 with full exhaust (long tubes) and a custom tuned pcm...a few other goodies...

I'm grabbin his custom long tubes when he finally pulls it apart.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those foamie things are for the fender intake area..

HI BABE! HOW ARE YOU!! TIRED? (I know you've been running through my MIND!)

Me and you need to do some 1-1!

Well I did it today...HOLY****...sits real high...I know the Volant tube is pressing up against the hood. Time for cowl hood goodness. WOOP WOOP

But...I did snap a bolt inside my TB! fukin cheap Home Depot bolts...after that I just started stackin washers! Its looks like "Lamont" did it. But it works. Once I find some GRADE A bolts, I will re-do and snap some pics.

I think my Volant kit was a reject LOL...some things just don't match up. I'll get the snapped bolt sorted out Friday. Since they cut everyones hours at work I am free on Fridays and I'm heading to my buddies shop to diagnose my worrk.

Here are my problems besides the snapoped bolt...
I HAVE ALOT of extra screws and **** (First intake I've installed on a Hoe and never seen one in person)I thought the intake install would be like every other intake install. Just Clamps n Hoses...I looked at the directions still like wtf...

Im missing nothing except the two bolts that bolt to fenderwell and box, still don;t know where those two ribber liners go, and HOW do I bolt the box to the fender well?

Also...the Volant cover doesn't match up to the box...I can only get three out of 4...4th one is WAY OFF

The box won't go into hole of the fender...wtf...

Volant tech support will be hearing from me this week!