Warning Label Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to cleanly remove the visor warning labels? I peeled off one already, leaving the adhesive on the visor. Thought I would check here before I tryed any heat or solvents on it.

I was thinking a low heat iron and some wax paper?

Anyone have any ideas?

gear head dad

Reaction score
Yer kinda hosed on tryin' to get the adhesive off of there. I tried lotsa things to no avail.
I bought a new one instead of leavong that mess on my visor.

good luck

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, thats not good. What did you try?

Goof-Off works great for alot of things but it could do some damage. If you have any and have your old visor, try it out and let us all know.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Find yourself a terry cloth hand towel or two that are close to your visor color. Get the old heat gun (on low) or hairdryer out and heat one small section of adhesive at a time. Immediately rub hard in multiple directions on the heated adhesive, making sure to rub it into the towel. Turn or roll the towel as you go along, exposing clean towel surface to each patch of adhesive.

Once you've got as much off as you can (multiple passes), try using a stiff brush to rework the cloth on the visors. Mine came out looking pretty good. You won't get it all off or looking perfect, due to the visors being covered in cloth and the fibers releasing from the adhesive pulling, but it's much less noticeable after this procedure.

Chevyforever

Reaction score
There's a product called AFTA that is a very good cleaning fluid that removes all sorts of grease,adhesives etc.. from carpet and fabrics. It would be worth the try.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used goof-off and a rag for my drivers side, then some water to try and rinse some of the goof-off out. Seems like it worked well, but some bumps in the fabric from rubbing. I am going to try and iron them down. It is also a little diffrent shade once the label comes off.