washed and waxed the trucks today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me forever. But thats what I get for trying to do it in 40 degree weather. I still think they turned out preety good. Here is my attempt at trying to get professional pics. But IM terrible with the camera. I couldn't find my tripod, LOL. THis is an example of why we hire out a camera guy for work. But enjoy. I tried to get some done. Also maybe some of you mroe experienced camera guys can tell me what im doing wrong and how to make it better. I think the next thing would be to find an empty parking lot and have a buddy drive down one and I drive the other. :D But here are my pics. I tell ya one thing, Cleaning 8 Wheels is hard when they are full of brake dust and have all these funny designs LOL. But got it done, I really need to get a new mothers powerball. Lost my old one to my dog who thought it was a toy. I would have gotten more, but the neighbors were starting to stare at me. LOL:smilielol:

yukandsil.jpg

yukandsil2.jpg

silvandyuk.jpg

yukandsil3.jpg

yukandsil4.jpg

yuk1.jpg

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much of a difference did it make on the Yukon paint shine?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much of a difference did it make on the Yukon paint shine?

Its noticable. Looks cleaner. But it only shines in direct sunlight. The silverado is just shiny all the way around. But I think thats the difference in paint color. :thumbsup:

before the wax. If you looked at it like the last picture. I had next to no shine. But you dont notice a difference enless you look at it from that angle. It took these steps.

1. basic wash and dry. Gets all the loose dirt off.

2. meguiars Quik Auto detailer. Wipe off.

3. Meguiars auto wax.

3. Turtle F21 Polish.

4. Turtle F21 protectant.

5. Meguiars rim cleaner. Rinse and wipe off.

6. Meguairs tire shine.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right, your not a good photographer...lol.

Washed my HO yesterday, and the water started to freeze as I finished up.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cool:Pictures are pretty good!
Just the sun is glaring the camera a little too much.
I like the Kon more than the new ride, I bet you do too.
Its also surprising that you don't have Bi-Xenon HIDs on the kon yet, I figured it would be at the top of your mod list?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cool:Pictures are pretty good!
Just the sun is glaring the camera a little too much.
I like the Kon more than the new ride, I bet you do too.
Its also surprising that you don't have Bi-Xenon HIDs on the kon yet, I figured it would be at the top of your mod list?

To be honest with you. I have not taken the time to because its to much of a PITA. The silverado already has it in its lows and highs. But the fogs are not 880 on it. Also to be honest with you. Today is the first time this week I have even started the yukon. I like them both. The kon is newer and its night and day difference between them. Silverado has much more power at hand than the kon. But the steering is smoother on the yukon. Silverado takes more energy to turn the wheel. May just need a new powersteering pump though. Tranny is smoother on the yukon, But it does not respond as well. Also the seats are softer and feel better on my butt than the kon. More leg room in the silverado front seats too. I use the silverado as my DD and the kon on the weekends now. Since its so much nicer to throw work crap in the bed of the truck and not worry about getting it dirty. The yukon I used to throw stuff in the back and hitch up my 6k trailer. I Always cringed at the thought of all that dirty stuff messing up my interior. No more now. The silverado tows my trailer like a dream. So now my yukon is a weekend going out to dinner truck. I love them both for their own reasons.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I saw a photo tip on Dream Car Garage and he said the best time for car pics are on a cloudy day cuz you get no glare. Also suggested using a long lens so the background is not in sharp focus.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was cold this weekend in VA. The wind never stopped either. You will get the best pictures, if you take them real early or real late in the day. Your vehicle will be much more shiney. Also you need to have the Sun behind you, as you take the picture. Also the tripod or resting the camera on another surface will help.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 can of wax

40 degree weather

2 extra large trucks

1 day

You ether did a shi-ty job or your more of a man then I am...:thumbsup:

GMBOUND

Reaction score
1 can of wax

40 degree weather

2 extra large trucks

1 day

You ether did a shi-ty job or your more of a man then I am...:thumbsup:

Second that!
I haven't personally waxed my Surburban yet, I called in a pro. My CTS-V takes me close to a week, Done right The way I like it, I don't even want to start working on the Surburban.
You get 2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:from me as well

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 75 degrees here on Saturday in So Cal :)

It was 60 today. Should have done it today. Although I did start shopping for my christmas lights today. Im excited. I have The brightest LEDS available right now. Gunna be HUGE!!!! Im gunna go to the store again tommarrow because I bought all of their strings, but she said they were getting more. Cant wait. Gunna take me like 2 weeks to get them up. But its worth it to have the brightest house on the block.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean the camera lens with something other than spit...

...or snot or whatever is on it, bro!

On top of the list of suggestions for better pics would be to make sure the lens is CLEAN! You've likely got some smudges on the lens (oily fingerprints are most probable), which is one reason why the pics all have a hazy "aura" / solar flares around the sun's reflections. The other main reason is, of course, don't shoot into the sun.

So, did you finish the job and detail them both (noticed the dirty wheels on the Kon, but the Silvy is all sparkley and what-not)... ;)

That's a lot of work for the cold weekend we've had here. I was gonna do mine today, but it's gonna rain all day tomorrow so, I guess she'll have to wait. Didn't want to risk getting pneumonia for less than a day of "clean".