** WATCH DVD on front nav screen **

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick32

Reaction score
GOT MINE and had it installed yesterday.

Pretty friggin cool man.... I diggit !!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

rdscolo

Reaction score
Rick,
Where did you get yours? Mine has been on backorder from Coastal Tech since 8/13/2007.

Thanks

akim47

Reaction score
Gosh... I'm starting to wonder if Coastaltech exists...

I ordered my unit last week, and not a peep... I've called twice, and have sent 2 emails with no response. So far, all I've received is a "thank you for your order" email which right now means "thanks sucker"....

If its backordered, I'd like to know... Also, I paid them for expedited shipping because I thought they'd send it out promptly... but now, what's the difference? I might as well have paid the cheapest. I was hoping to get the unit for a road trip next week, but that doesn't seem likely...

Anyhow, I saw the other comments on this post re: crappy service, and it is true... I should have just bought the unit through GNLSHOPS on ebay...

zipperman19

Reaction score
Yeah, they're hard to get a hold of. I ordered mine last sunday, but had my shipping address and billing address different, so I had to call my credit card and add my shipping address as an authorized address on my CC. I've never done that before. I called them yesterday to tell them to call AMEX so they can ship it to me, and it still hasn't been shipped. The man on the phone told me we get an e-mail from the shipping company with tracking numbers.

akim47

Reaction score
maybe the gods have answered my call... i just got an email from them saying its going out today... im keepin my fingers crossed that it gets here in time for my trip... not that i want to watch dvd's while im driving.. but it'd be cool to have...

akim47

Reaction score
i actually found the units on my doorstep when i came home from work yesterday. i guess they shipped it out but didnt notify me. regardless, i had some thoughts after installing the units last night...

first, this NAV lockpick works like a charm. great unit, and i would recommend.

the install is fairly simple, but can take longer than the video shows. its hard to get yourself to jam a flathead screwdriver in between the paneling to pop it off. i was trying to be careful, so it took me extra time.

the wiring harnesses they use are of cheap quality. one of the studs was falling out. i had to hold it in place with a pair of pliers so that it would connect in with the other side of the harness.

i had a lil problem stuffing the wires in. i think i was just being extra cautious.

again, after completing the install and trying it out, i was completely satisfied. i even had a movie on while driving to work this morning (not recommended)...

the ipod unit was also easy to install. again, the harness is a piece of crap. one of the wires fell at and is exposed. i don't know what it does, but the unit does still function. the ipod unit is pretty cool. not the best on how u scroll through the menu functions, but i like the fact u can control it from the nav unit and have the ipod tucked away in the glove.

in any event, i would recommend both units to anybody looking for such a solution. if they used better mats to put the units together, it'd be second to none...

sbrown02

Reaction score
akim47,

How does the ipod connect to the lockpick when its in your glove box? Also, if you didn't connect the ipod via the lockpick but instead through the aux input, do you have any control over the ipod from the head unit or none?

Thanks

akim47

Reaction score
it plugs into ur xm... that's y in order to control the ipod, u would go to the xm menu under the audio screen, and then it will read the ipod...

sbrown02

Reaction score
akim47 - Is there already a space between the glove box and the back of the head unit to run the wire for the ipod, or did you have to cut a hole?

Thanks

uvamack

Reaction score
SBrown02

There is a gap behind the glove box, so the IPOD connect can run directly from your IPOD to the XM Tuner. Once you let the glove box drop from the clips, the XM tuner is directly behind it.

gmgrant

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Chevy feels about this?

Does it void the warranty if you install it?

Thanks.

gg

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that they'd feel that defeating any safety feature of their vehicles would be a really bad idea, and might render the warranty on your nav/dvd unit void, as well as limit their (or any defendant's) liability should you have an accident while fooling with it (if any defendant could actually prove it). I'm no lawyer, but I wouldn't expect GM to endorse these devices one bit.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:iagree:

And any insurance investigator worth his salt that finds one of these is going to balk at any "at fault" claims. :ack:

robie

Reaction score
need one for Tahoe

I needed noe for my Denali, one for my wife's Denali and I bought a 3rd one because of the discount. It is NIB and not a thing is wrong with it.
what is the price being paid for this unit? Im looking for one for myself too.