Water leak on passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one else get this? A nice big puddle when it rains on teh passenger side on the truck. I have had a new windshield still the same thing. On fullsizechevy.com many people have it but with no solution yet. Any ideas?

Kontohoe

Reaction score
Wet passenger's side floor

I had the same thing on my 1998 Yukon but never looked into the problem as the Kon was garge kept. I was going to look for something with the recirculating air as my air condioner never just recirculated the inside air but just the outside air and I have a hunch that it might have been stuck in the "open" or "outside air position" thus letting in water when it rains. FWIW

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure if this is it or not, but look into your cowl right below the windshield. i heard sometimes if you didnt have a screw in the holes then water gets down there and well gets your floors wet. make sure your holes are all filled with screws and maybe put some kind of sealer in em, if they are, maybe check down inside the cowl by taking off maybe like 6 or so screws then see if you see anything.. idk.. just an idea..

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a drain tube for the evaporator housing? Maybe yours is plugged, and water is dumping out through the heater outlet. Assuming that you have eliminated a leaking heater core as the problem.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my friends Ford Edge, the tray under the windshield has weep holes. they were plugged with debris/ leaves etc. This caused the tray to fill and then leak up and over somehow finding its way into the cabin.
FWIW