Water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sisco_3

Reaction score
Their recently was some rain in Socal and it left water spots on my Tahoe (black), how do I remove water spots?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it left out in the sun and did they get bake on? Did you wash it already?

Sisco_3

Reaction score
Yes it was left in the sun and they did bake on. I did wash it and tried some quick detailer to remove the spots but it didn't work.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Than you'll more then likely have to give it a buffing to get them out.

Repo503

Reaction score
Ive always used distilled white vinegar for this. Wash your car...then use a soft sponge and apply the vineger...rinse off after 30 - 60 seconds...do the whole truck but in 4 x 4 ft sections or so. Then wash the trucks again. You'll need to reapply your wax (vinegar = mild acid). Living in Oregon and having owned a number of black cars Ive dealt with this more than a few times before. Good luck.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some water spot remover coming to me at work when i return back. if it works i'll let you know and then you can buy some stuff for yourself. I'm getting the remover from a detail product company named " granitize". they have been making detail products for years and the rep is gettin me a free sample of it

Sisco_3

Reaction score
I tried the vinegar formula ( 1/2 lite vinegar and 1/4 water) that was mentioned on another site, but it didn't work.

If you can let me know if that product works please let me know.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner/Polish http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+ACTION+1 followed by the Deep Crystal Polish Step 2. I had a lot of halo's and minor scratches I wanted to work on. The Meguiar's products are really good. If the Deep Crystal Step 1 doesn't do it try the Dual Action product. A random orbit buffer would be a big help. Lots of people say how good the Porter Cable is and I'm sure it is but it's a little spendy for me. I have a Craftsman that works fine for me.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 2nd the clay bar, takes a bit of elbow grease but usually good results.

Another +1 on the clay bar option. Cheaper and less involved than polishing, and you need one anyway to keep your paint in good shape. Even if it doesn't work on the water spots, it's still a good investment.