Weathertech Mats and Cargoliner Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another writeup on another forum I did a few months back. An oldie but goodie:

07 Tahoe Weathertech Mats Review:

Color grey shown in Titanium Interior with 2nd row bench.

I used to own husky mats in my 03 Yukon, and decided to try the Weathertechs for my 07. I think the front and 2nd row mats have a superior fit to the huskys. Note how far the fronts extend to the door sill. I already spilled about 1/4 can of diet coke on the mat with no overspill onto the carpet. I didn't bother to put in the little carpet screw designed to keep the mat from sliding around. It fits so well it doesn't need it.

8x6_04.jpg

8x6_09.jpg

The 2nd row mats fits like a glove with no annoying air gaps.

8x6_08.jpg

8x6_06.jpg

8x6_05.jpg

Now lets talk about Weathertech's rear cargo mat.

Picture before with 3rd row removed:

8x6_025.jpg

Picture with new Weathertech. Note now they decided to cut the mat short at the entry lip to the cargo area.

8x6_022.jpg

Picture of front of the mat. Even with the mat centered, I feel they the weathertech was cut too short.

8x6_023.jpg

8x6_024.jpg

In conclusion, I would highly recommend the Weathertech front and 2nd rows because of the fit and finish. For the cargo, I do think the Husky liner would be better than the weathertech although their website doesn't show a pic for the 07 application.

Update 11/29/07: Thanks to Gambler for the pic below! Note that this HuskyLiner has comes only in one size even with or w/o the power liftgate option. See how this liner covers the front plastic lip and goes all the way to the second row nicely.

I took a picture of my husky liner so you could see what it looks like.

huskyliner.jpg

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after my kids dropped half a bottle of stawberry milk I decieded to purchase the weathertech mats. Great product no compliants so far.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 11/29/07: Thanks to Gambler for the pic below! Note that this HuskyLiner has comes only in one size even with or w/o the power liftgate option. See how this liner covers the front plastic lip and goes all the way to the second row nicely.

Glad the huskyliner pic was of use. I also have the weathertech 1st and 2nd row mats, they are great! Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weathertech's fit/finish gets no complaints from me! I have th 2nd row captain chairs and the 3rd row seat to fit all 3 of my boys... Weathertech's "complete" pkg for my configuration has been nothing short of pure satisfaction for me. I don't "cringe" anymore when the family packs into the Hoe, knowing that Weathertech is providing the "coverage" that I need. VERY VERY appropriate application for my needs, IMO!!! Buy it...try it...you'll like it!!! :yesnod:

Last edited:

omgtkk

Reaction score
I just want to add that the rear cargo mat that snomon shows in his truck is not the correct mat for his vehicle. Weathertech makes a mat specifically designed for models with the third row seat. It had raised areas where the attachments for the third row seats click in to fit better. I have that model in my truck and it is an excellent fit andcompletely covers the carpeted area in the rear.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather tech mats

These mat trap dirt and anyhting you may spill on them. They trap it so good that its actaully kind of hard to clean them. I sprayed my down yesterday for the frist time and they still had mud trapped in the tiny grooves. I even scrubbed them with a sponge. I think you have to power spray wash'em in order to get them really clean. Maybe its just me I have black weather tech mats.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I end up using simple green and a scrub brush but I do agree that stuff gets trapped in the texture grooves.

Also I chose that mat above w/o the plug openings for the 3rd row on purpose because I end up never using my 3rd row.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SNOMON-

in your first post you mentioned something about a screw for the driver side mat. Mine tends to slide about an inch or two forward. Do this srew come with the mats?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SNOMON-
in your first post you mentioned something about a screw for the driver side mat. Mine tends to slide about an inch or two forward. Do this srew come with the mats?

I have those same mats and you can see on the driver's side picture right above the WeatherTech logo there is a hole. There is a carpet screw that DOES come with it that you just screw in and it prevents the mat from sliding around. I used it and it works fine.

Snomon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always use the sticky back velcro (higher strength stuff like at Home Depot or Lowe's) if you don't have the screw.

I would bet the nonslip shelf liner like you see on boats would work well too. What's that stuff called? I have a bunch of it under my oriental rug on a hardwood floor to keep it from slipping.

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm checking out their website right now. What's the big difference(s) between the all-weather floor mats and the FloorLiner? I think the all-weather ones look a little beter, but the FloorLiners seem to have more coverage.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The floorliners are HARD and not really flexible. I imagine the mats are a higher quality version of a store bought type. I'll tell you right now that there's no way the floorliner will ever bunch up under your feet while your getting in or out. They're pretty well contoured to the floor. Hence the name!

I really hated the cargo mat when I first got mine, but the floor mats for the front are the reason I kept the set. After a month of seeing the crap they have caught and kept off my carpet, it's worth the investment.

Here' my link to the mods I made for the cargo liner to work.
http://web.mac.com/bahollis/iWeb/Dad's Tahoe Stuff/Photos 2.html
BH

BTW... be careful of the non-slip liners. I cold just see that stuff falling apart under the liner and embedding itself into your carpet. Out here heat would surely melt them, especially in the summer when the roads are so hot.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my catch-alls, they're easy to keep clean and I didn't want the full plastics in my denali.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on this thread, I purchased a full set of Weathertechs for my 07 Suburban. Haven't received them yet, but I will reveiw once I install them.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I think I have changed my mind again, I think I am going with the Catch All because it's carpet, and it does not over lap as much. I just think with that much over lap it's going to catch your foot everytime, or the door.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on this thread, I purchased a full set of Weathertechs for my 07 Suburban. Haven't received them yet, but I will reveiw once I install them.

Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed! I have the 1st + 2nd Rows + middle aisle insert (between captain chairs) as well... The fit and finish is totally remarkable and my carpet is "weathering" the winter (and my kids :lol:) like a charm!