welded up the magnaflow....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy fvckin loud!!! this sh!t is crazy loud.... i have the 5x8x24 magnaflow and have just a turn down dumping right out of the muffler... holy loudness!!! It sure sounds good though, love the tone... not raspy at all.

i think i am going to have to install some pipes, just think its too loud in the cab...

as for the performance (i just installed my Intake setup 10 days ago) i notice a difference for sure, just not sure if its a good difference. I feel like the shift points have changed... maybe... not sure... seems a little boggy in the low end... i dont know.

hopefully the BB tune will clear everything up, got about 4 weeks till that happens

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will get a sound clip tomorrow... hopfully it will pick up the sound pretty good, i will get one from the outside and the inside...

Pooh Bear

Reaction score
Good job Dude......Let's hear it ...it's tomorrow already....where's the sound clip...lol

Last edited:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright... im slcking with the sound clip... been super busy, but i must say that i am more then pleased! it sounded to loud at first but i think its just right, a little drone but seriously not that bad. however, ive spent the whole weekend driving without the radio on and i keep hearing all the little creeks and rattles! damnit! try to get a sound clip up soon

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ty, let that muffler break in a little, they tend to mellow out after a little while. Still waiting on the sound clip though. :thumbsup:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ty, let that muffler break in a little, they tend to mellow out after a little while. Still waiting on the sound clip though. :thumbsup:

I agree with this. It's been a few months since I did mine... definitely mellowed out a little... maybe a little too much for my liking... but it gives me performance and sound... and keeps the wife from complaining too much. :D

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i think it may have just been the shock of going from stock then magnaflow 15 minutes later... quite a difference. Love it though, absolutly love it! now i cant wait for my BB tune, hopefully have my cable in 3-4 weeks, not sure where the list is at right now

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sound clip please
thinking about getting th 4x9x14

Last edited:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i should have the sound clip soon.... hate to admit it, but having trouble working my camera, its new and havent used it much....

ill tell you what though man, that 4x9x14 is going to be way louder then my 5x8x24... mainly because of the overall length.

hoezaycuervo

Reaction score
I had a 5x8x18 installed last week and I love it. Just took a 600 mile trip after installing it and it purrs like a kitten when crusing, but roars when you stomp on the gas. I have it running 3" in and dual 2.25" out at the rear corners. You can definitely hear it in the cab, but it is not obnoxious and can easily be talked over or drowned out with the radio.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the installed price for you guys? I'm looking to do the same thing here shortly, although I'm debating between the flowmaster 50 and the magnaflow...

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i purchased my magna off ebay and got it to the door for $90.... i paid $7 for my turn down and $45 to have whole thing welded up....

so $142.00 total... the place that welded the muffler up said it would cost me $60 if i wanted to weld up a tail pipe, but i went with the turn down because i dont care for the look of tail pipe.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good price man. I bet it does sound mean, I have the same set up on my 94 Kon. Turn downs with a flowmaster. On my 02 Kon, still trying to decide if I want to "disturb" my wife and daughter with a exhaust system. hahaha.