Wet Driver Side Floor Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYHeritage04

Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe has a wet floor again. It has not rained in weeks. ( I did wash it last weekend). Anyone else having this problem??

Would you think its from the weatherstripping?? Or could it be from the A/C?

clkelley

Reaction score
I would guess it was the weather stripping, especially if you used a pressure washer to wash it. Try this though, instead of replacing it. One at a time, at each major corner of the weather stripping, put a slight amount of black silicone in the groove of the strip (NOT A LOT) and then use a pair of vice grips to squeeze the metal form wiring inside the stripping to hold it in place. Now, this is best done in a garage or someplace that you know will not get rained on so that you can leave the vice grips on overnight. I personally would start at the top front corner above the A-pillar to begin with. Try that and see if that helps alleviate the problem.

BigWheelinBubba

Reaction score
If it has a moonroof it's likely the drains are plugged up. When that happens they drain right down the a-pillars onto the floors.

CodeB4U

Reaction score
Any aftermarket wires going through the firewall?

Get some baby powder, or spray powder (sprays on wet and it dries in seconds and leaves a white residue that will be your "trace powder".) Run a water hose like if your washing your car and then open the door when it's dry and see where the trace powder is missing on your weatherstrip.