What did you trade in, to get your current Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blairian

Reaction score
Traded in a 2012 Volkswagen Passat that I bought new off the lot and had for a year. I'm a big dude (6' 5" and 250lbs), and missed having a V8 with space to boot...

Only drive about 500 miles a month (have a take home car from work), so the loss of gas mileage was the least of my worries!

08TZ71

Reaction score
Just traded my wifes 2010 Chrysler 300 in on friday for a 08 Tahoe Z71 with every option. I think I like it more than she does.

03TahoeHawk

Reaction score
I just traded my 1995 suburban with 200,000+ miles. It started every day but it was an eye-sore and one long trip from something catastrophic happening. Got into an 03 Tahoe with 4WD

Kirill

Reaction score
New here

My first post. I am new here but this is what I traded in (got sick of taking care of it)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1

Thomlovey01

Reaction score
Traded ? For my Tahoe.

Traded wife's 2003 Ford Taurus in 2007 for 2007 4x4. What an upgrade that was!!

gibbygsxr

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe Z71 to 2013 Tahoe Z71

Attachments

• 20130814_100220.jpg
    20130814_100220.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20130829_183327.jpg
    20130829_183327.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1

Spool4u

Reaction score
Uhh

I traded in both my cars for my tahoe.

I traded in my 2004 dodge srt-4 show car, track car 550hp to the wheels with only 50,000 miles ++++++ I traded in my 2006 hemi jeep grand cherokee limited with 70,000 miles

I wish this thing wasn't soooooo slow. :superhack::superhack:

adamgh81

Reaction score
1988 K1500 4x4, got $1000 out of that ole girl and she wasn't even running at the time. Traded that for a 13 Tahoe.

ccapehart1017

Reaction score
my comments below only really apply in situations when you are financinig and new vehicle and have a vehicle to trade in
doesnt really apply to Spool4u's case sounds like he swapped 2 vehicles that were eqaul to the value to the tahoe were no loan was done

okay this is were car dealer ships border on the criminal and i always tell people never trade yer old car in unless you absolutly have to. OK so you bought a brand new tahoe gave a them yer old truck or blazer see and they claim to to give you 1000 bucks but in actuality that 1000 bucks was added to your loan and its not obvious what ever they claim to give you on your trade in they will add in to your loan in some way shape or form and it wont be obvious . that is ofcourse if you financed this new tahoe wich im gonna guess you did bacuase ifyou had cash for a 2013 tahoe you wouldnt have waisted your time towing yer pickup in . you almost always get screwed when you finance a new vehicle and trade in your old one
i waited and sold my 2008 ford ranger fx4 outright and got 1000 bucks more then what the dealer was going to give me. you especially get screwed when your upside down in the trade in your better off driving it off a cliff then go buy a new vehicle

Last edited:

afishinado

Reaction score
Didn't exactly trade it......
This one;
attachment.php

Excelsior20

Reaction score
Mint Green 1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer with 365000KMS (230000Miles)
Had it for 10 years and put most of the miles on it myself. In total, it cost me less than $5000 in maintenance and that was including oil changes etc, so the Hulk owes me nothing and I'll miss it.
My 07 Tahoe LTZ is in a totally different class of comfort and options though. It's just a way more advanced truck. 3rd row seating isn't as good, but I'm saving $60 a week on gas and the kids are watching movies instead of screaming, so I don't feel so bad!!

Metaldrgn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in an '11 4Runner that I had for 6 months. It was too small, got abysmal gas for a V-6, that has an "econo" mode. I don't buy 4x4 vehicles for good fuel economy, but still. It was very, very uncomfortable. I ALS missed the power of a V-8.( I had always driven big trucks.) The 4Runner was too small. I am deliriously happy with my Tahoe!! It IS literally my dream tr:superhack:uck; it has everything that I have ever wanted!!

So, what did you trade into to get into your current Tahoe?

Thanks for reading!!

I'm happy for you! I'd say that's one of my favorites too for now and someday I will hopefully own one but I'll wait till they come down in price for the older ones of that generation. I don't care for warranties. I do all my own work.

IronMan4Real

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sold/gave 99 CRV to brother in law...who was in uber desperate need of anything with wheels. I had my car to drive and search for wife. Spent 35 days seeking, looked at 30+ JUNK vehicles. Saw mine advertised as rust free southern vehicle. As i pulled up in driveway I knew Id buy it. Seller told me he had others intrested and on their way. I thought he might be BSing me. I offered him $200 less than asking price and paid him on the spot. As I hadn him the last $100 bill a guy pulls up and says Ill take it. He says sorry sold. He says to me....Ill pay you $200 more right now...I said no thanks. I looked at so much rusty junk I paid him what he wanted...
I got a free tune up, oil change,rad flush,transfer case flush,diff flush,alignment,front pads,rotors,ball joint,and certification and emission test out of deal.
I been asked 3x since to sell it...Not for sale:peace:
its a 99 Hoe.148000Miles on her

98BleTahoe

Reaction score
Traded a 2003 Altima with 67K for a 1998 Tahoe 4x4 w Tailgate with 69K and $600.

BigWheelinBubba

Reaction score
Sold my 2002 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor that I used for repossession work here in the Detroit area. It was blacked out, spot lights, push bars, etc made to look like the real deal, and for a reason. As most know, Detroit is a very dangerous city, especially when you're trying to repo someone's ride. But if you pull up in an unmarked "police car" your chances of getting shot greatly decrease.

I sold my business then sold the cop car and bought the Tahoe. Kind of miss the Vic at times but it's -10* here in Detroit and we just had a blizzard the day before yesterday and the Tahoe runs right through it all so I am more than happy with my decision to get the Tahoe :)