What do you think about the Trailblazer SS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Trailblazer SS and after taking one for a test drive found out they are screamin' fast! Although it is not that practical for me and I am not planning on buying one, what do you guys think about them? :Chevy:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They really appeal to me in the dark blue color and will look at one everytime I see one. But, I still would get a GMT900 over them. If I had to get a TB though it would be the SS model. If they would update the TB the SS would be even better.

Hawstly

Site Admin
Reaction score
I think they look great but just too pricey IMO for such a small truck. I would rather go with a Hoe for the cost. :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they are pretty expensive, but I for the LS2 motor I think it is worth it, I wish that Chevy would drop the LS7 out of the new Z06 Vettes into the Tahoe to make a Tahoe SS, I would definately look at that. However I don't know if it would turn out like teh TB SS, when I test drove it my face peeled back, thats how fast it was! :Chevy:

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe would have to lose a lot of things and weight to be an SS model. I really can't wait for the new Silverado SS it's suppose to have the LS7.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they drop a LS7 in the Silverado SS, that will definately put it in Ram SRT-10 category, damn, now I am going to have to save more money to buy a Tahoe and a Silverado SS!! :Chevy:

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:giggling: I know what you mean. GM has put out several very attractive new models recently and its hard to choose these days.

damn, now I am going to have to save more money to buy a Tahoe and a Silverado SS!! :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, they just keep coming out with new models that make me drool :drool: and unfortunately my bank account doesn't agree, or else I would own myself a GM collection!! :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the trailblazer SS has a pretty low center of gravity, actually suprisingly so. When I test drove I started out driving it like I would drive a Tahoe, becuase they are both SUVs and I assumed they would have that high center of gravity, but about 5 minutes into it I figured out that I was driving like crap and started to drive it like my twin-turbo Golf, and it really grips!! Although there was a little more body roll than my Golf it wasn't much different, and my Golf has almost no roll! :Chevy:

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ram SRT-10 also has a pretty low center of gravity, the one I rode in handled much like the Trailblazer SRT-10. If you look at it compared to a standard Ram you can see that they are much lower than the regular two wheel drive. But I see where your coming from.:Chevy:

wht98yukon

Reaction score
i love em. my brother just got one. here is his with my yukon

IMAG0001-6.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Tahoe and a TBSS. There is no comparision between the 2 with the exception of them both being Chevy SUVS.

The TBSS is an incredibly fast vehicle. Here's what mine looks like:

TBSSNewWheelsandTires1.jpg

100_4685-2.jpg

100_4678-2.jpg

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be getting one as soon as the smartbuy is up on my cobalt. I really like it in white and black although I do need a break from a black vehicle for awhile.

Then I'll have 2 LS2's in my collection :shhh:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that as a toy, the TBSS offers a lot of potential in a package that differs from the std C5/C6/F-body car and is definitely worth a look. However, I have heard stories of 13-14mpg in DD use and even worse when towing(nothing too serious, just light loads). These are the things that turn me away. A screamin fast DD that gets decent mileage and has the capacity to haul people and packages is pretty neat, too bad the TBSS and other trucks capable of impressive performance(ford lightning, ram SRT-10) don't fit the bill.

wht98yukon

Reaction score
does that trailblazer u have have the slp loudmouth exhaust? my brother is gonna go for that soon.