What the heck is this thing? Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Precious Metal

Reaction score
2002 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 74000 miles

Well, I kind of know what it is. The Air Ride warning light came on so I started poking around. Compressor runs at start up and then shuts off as normal. Rear shocks have looked better but they seem to work fine.

Then I found this, a separated connector. It feels like a vinyl air hose or a plastic covered cable but from looking online I think its part of the ride control sensor. It is tucked in the driver's rear corner of the truck.

I tried reconnecting it but I don't think it's meant to come apart. Any advise would be welcomed. I don't want start tearing things apart if there's a simple solution.

clkelley

Reaction score
That looks like the air line that is suppose to go to the shock. I would replace it, if the compressor is shutting of and not running all the time then I would guess that the line itself is clogged making the compressor build enough back pressure to think it is filling the shock.