What year do I search for parts under?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't matter but go by the date on the drivers door

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They had GMT400 in 2000 on the SUV line.... GMT400 ended in 99 classic for the trucks.....

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMT400 is just the body style, does it look like a typical square body from the late 90's?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be a 00 square body, then in 01 they went to the newer style, you could use 99 if you wanted to, should be nearly the same...

JIvey13

Reaction score
lesterl,

Ok, Thank you. Mybe you could help me on another question. I am currently stationed in the UK, and I would like to put 18's on my Tahoe, but I do not want to lift it yet. Can I fit 18x9's with 33's on the stock ride height?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK about the tires, I have a hard time affording the stock ones. There are several tire size calculators you could google tho, betcha could find out how much bigger they would be diameter/ circumfrence wise and if close bet you could fudge it.....

DaveL

Reaction score
LOL!!! I have a 2000 Tahoe Limited (SS) and sometimes I have to look up 99' and sometimes I have to look up 00'...But the majority is found under 99'

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lesterl - My information is that Chevy went to the new body style in the 2000 model year, not 2001. The only 2000 model years with the older body style were the Tahoe LIMITEDS. They only made about 8,000 of these, from what I've read. Only in Onyx Black....and some of them (like mine) were made at the end of 1999, some made in early 2000.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know pickups went to NBS in 99 (had the GMT 400 still available as a "classic" version), was always told the 'hoes went a year later, so there could be some of both in 2000...... GM has done it before...... How about some underhood pix? More shots of your rig?

Jungle Rooster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture.php

Stock 5.7 liter engine replacement recently....has about 2K miles on it now

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purdy truck.... You can get the speedo recalibrated pretty easily.....

DaveL

Reaction score
picture.php

Interior is like new....this Tahoe spent it's first 15 years in the Arizona desert....and is now in N. California, (SF Bay Area)

J.Rooster..that is a beautiful Limited you got there sir..
Mine is a later built Limited..June 2000 I believe..She has been a mobile office most of her life. Mostly highway miles on her...257,000.
She needs a good freshen up now..She's a daily driver and don't plan on getting rid of her no time soon..Just done all the intake gaskets,new spider,billet distributor,new (hotter) accell coil and plugs. She's had fresh Pennzoil 5W40 all her life and runs like a top.
And all stock..

Last edited:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Like my Accel coil on my 98, it made a big difference on my 95 tho....