Whatcha Think??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe1

Reaction score
So my 98 Hoe runs great, no issues....Buuuuut....
Ive noticed I have a flicker with my lights... Last week it wasn't so bad, it would only flicker when at idle or sitting at a light, it was just slight and with the rhythm of the engine, tonight I get home and I had noticed on the way home that even going 45mph (definitely not at idle) the lights were still flickering! So I get home and sit in the drive way listening to the stereo and drinking a beer :happy160: and see the lights flickering so I give it a lil gas and the flickering goes away for a second then starts again, it hovers (flickers) just under 14. On another forum one guy had a similar problem and he put in a new alt and it fixed the issue, is this really the fix or was he just lucky?? Please help, I drive about 150 miles a day and cant afford to be stuck, if this is the consensus ill go tomorrow and buy a New alt....

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sound like low power could be alt or could battery (if u havent bought a new one yet.) if you buy a new alt get a 140 amp one its pretty decent and will keep u going.