What's the best replacement for my stock cd player...I'd love navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be worth buying a factory navigation or should I get an aftermarket application? What's the best aftermarket unit? I've been out of the game for so long that I don't know which brands are still around. I've read some posts about Kenwood and Pioneer? I used to use alpine but have heard that it's quality has gone downhill?
I need something that my wife can use with ease.. She is sick of calling ONstar..i don't know if it's just me but their call center's have really gone down hill. I can barely understand the operators anymore. They sound like inner city dropouts or new to speaking english..

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always used Sony. People say they are not that good of quality, but Ive had about 4 or 5 XPLOD units and every one of them has been great. I never had one start to mis function or stop working, exept the one that was blown out by me on accident. That was a expensive mistake. I dont know if there are any with a nav function. I use a Nextar nav unit, real easy to use and inexpensive paired up to the rest.

trigeeks

Reaction score
I had a Kenwwood Head Unit in my '03 Tahoe. It was a great unit. I never had any issues with it. The new ones are still good qualty and have a few more functions. If I was't satisfied with the Head Unit that comes on the Bose system, i would buy Kenwood again for sure.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
They sound like inner city dropouts
Because there are only dropouts in the "inner city." :rolleyes: At least have the guts to say what you meant. FWIW, I've only heard white-sounding operators with midwestern accents via OnStar.

To answer your question, spend the money and do it right if you want nav. I tried to go the budget route and I'm not happy with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. If I had to do it all over again, I'd have spent more for the factory nav or not bothered at all.

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Touchy subject for you huh? Fact is, I was born biracial you moron...I don't see color..
Go :fu: yourself...

If you don't have anything positive to contribute please take your napoleon complex elsewhere...People like you always creep up on websites like this because you don't have the courage to stand up in person..
Get a life.

Because there are only dropouts in the "inner city." :rolleyes: At least have the guts to say what you meant. FWIW, I've only heard white-sounding operators with midwestern accents via OnStar.

To answer your question, spend the money and do it right if you want nav. I tried to go the budget route and I'm not happy with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. If I had to do it all over again, I'd have spent more for the factory nav or not bothered at all.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
You have a real problem. I'd stand up to you in any way you chose just fine in person. I wasn't the one spouting cryptic euphemisms. The fact that you "got" what I meant in calling you out means it was already in your head.

Fact is, you know absolutely nothing about me... Or I you. All we have to go on is what's written here. Look at my couple of dozen posts here and you'll see I have no beefs with anybody. Look at your last post. What does that say about you?

Who's got the fancy smilies and the big words, playing Internet tough guy? Not me.

internet_tough_guy_magazine.jpg

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yamaha makes some amazing sounding stuff for the car, and not too pricey, I dont know if they have them with nav though.
Everytime I call onstar I talk to canadians. I've been satisfied with the people helping me from onstar. Maybe the canadian accent sounds like inner city dropouts to you.

ehaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok..great.. another passive/aggressive. Listen man, fact is, I know more about you just by reading your posts. I'd say, by your proper grammer, that you are probably a college graduate maybe even a teacher. Either way, I don't give a crap. looking at your sh!tty little townhome community i'd say karma has already got a hold of you. Don't come on my post and call me out for not having the balls to be politically incorrect. Fact is, I've already spent way too much time dealing with you.
Oh, and judging by your optional flame pic I'd say you've had this problem before. Go on living your pathetic little life and post some of your own original thoughts.

We are both entitled to our opinion.. stay clear of my posts if you have nothing to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.