Wheel size conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01hotrod

Reaction score
I have found some wheels and they have a plus 12mm offset. They are 22x9.5. Will those work without spacers?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It prob. will work but spacers will def. make your life easier!

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found some wheels and they have a plus 12mm offset. They are 22x9.5. Will those work without spacers?

I think you might be looking at the numbers backwards, +12 will make them stick out further past the fender.
The larger the number ie +40 the closer the wheel will sit to the inner components such as the suspension and the swaybar.
Spacers in this case will push the wheel further out past the fender. I am running a set of 24" wheels with a +25 offset and they sit flush with the fender.
Jonathan

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Jonny mentioned, they will stick out past the fenders (around 3/4" or so). Spacers would make it even worse.

You need a higher offset to tuck the wheels under the fender.

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
low numbers are generally rwd and high numbers are fwd, 4wd. usually. there are exceptions, rim width is one thing to conside because with a 10inch wheel with a +25 (like mentioned above) puts you flush, and if you want to run a +12, you would stick out 13mm. doesnt sound like much but it will make your ride handle different, maybe in a bad way. not to mention if you tire is to big, during suspension travel you may rub your fender. but thats nothing that cant be fixed with a baseball bat(rolling fender)

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers are a bad idea

It prob. will work but spacers will def. make your life easier!

I would not recommend spacers on anything, especially not a 3 ton truck and wider than stock wheels. Puts too much stress on the lugs. :eek2:

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, don't get me wrong. I was just meant that two different web sites were using the same calculator. I wonder if they're owned by the same company, that's all.