Where and/or what do I replace to use LEDs for the turn signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefirebirdman

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post here. I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ my wife and I bought used. We love the truck and want to drive it till at least 200k. I have been doing lots of upgrades and improvements.

I am replacing the headlight assemblies and want to convert the lighting to HIDS and LEDs. For the parking light/turn signal I know what LED to buy but I am aware of (have witnessed) the fast blinking problem with LEDs installed. I have researched the internet for several hours and have found a couple of references to this problem and what to do to fix it but nothing definitive (which I found surprising).

Basic Question: What do I have to replace to fix this problem so I can run LEDs?

I have read about the in-line resistor option and don't really like that solution. I'd prefer to replace the flasher or relay. My problem is I have read posts that there is a flasher and others that the BCM handles it (no solutions offered when BCM is mentioned). Also, for the posts that mention the flash the only reference I have found for location is under the dash on the drivers side --> remove the knee panel. I have pulled the fusebox cover on the side of the dash and also removed the knee panel and I cannot find anything that looks like a flasher. I did find a relay with 5 connectors (4 in a square pattern and one more in the middle) but its sitting way over on the right side of the dash assembly near the stereo so I was not convinced that is the right flasher/relay to replace.

Any help on this is appreciated. Can someone tell me/show me where and what needs to be replaced with an LED compatible version? I real picture from someone else's Tahoe would be GREAT!!

Also, welcome any recommendations for a HID kit. I plan to look for them in the usual places but haven't started yet so I don't know who the preferred vendors are and/or the average price.

Thanks all!!!