Which Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Z71black

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find a lift that i like. I really dont like the way the z71 tahoe looks stock, so i wanna do something to it. to me, its all about looks and performance at the same time.

if i do a leveling kit, i think i would go with the rancho quicklift before just some spacer kit. If i were to get that, what size tire will i be able to fit? I also want my tires to look aggressive and stick out past the fenders.

I like the rancho 4" but i dont think any tire sizes look that good to me. the 33s to me look too small and the 35s i prefer a 6" lift. so far the 6" lift looks best to me with 35s but im not sure if i want it that high up.

Is it possible to have the leveling kit with 33s mud-terrain that stick out? Does anyone know how much these lifts will end up costing?
I dont know what i should do.

Thanks
Will

texas yukon

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon with a 2.5" Truxx leveling kit up front and 1" Suspension Maxx coil spacer in back. That allowed me to install 20X9 Moto Metal wheels with Nitto Terra Grapplers (205-55-20) which are slightly larger than 33". Some mior trimming of the front wheel wells was all that was required ........no rubbing at all. It rides like stock and looks aggressive. Not too high so the wife and little one have no problem getting in.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rancho quicklift is probably one of the most expensive levleing kit out there but is definitly a good upgrade since it upgrades your shock as well. with that kit set at 2.5" you could run a 33" mud terrain with an aftermarket wheel, but will have to do some trimming.

another option if your wanting 35s and a 6" kit and you like the rancho is to add a leveling kit on top of the 4" rancho to make it a 6" kit.

GMz71

Reaction score
rockkrawler makes a lift a 3.5" lift in the front and 1.5" in the rear....something else to consider

as far as making the tires stick out, that can be fixed with backspacing and wider tires

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rancho quicklift is probably one of the most expensive levleing kit out there but is definitly a good upgrade since it upgrades your shock as well. with that kit set at 2.5" you could run a 33" mud terrain with an aftermarket wheel, but will have to do some trimming.

another option if your wanting 35s and a 6" kit and you like the rancho is to add a leveling kit on top of the 4" rancho to make it a 6" kit.

thats how I'm running my 35's.