Which Tires?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussions' started by jakelsu777, Jan 12, 2009.

Which Tires Should I Get For My z71 Tahoe

1. BFGoodrich Mud Terrain

31 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. Firestone Destination M/T

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. Wrangler M/T

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Hankook Dynapro M/T

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Dick Cepek Mud Country

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. SWTZ71

SWTZ71 New Member

i'm running the Dick cepek FC-II 285/70/17
    great tire lots of meat. they do hum though but they are a nice ride.

2. clkelley

clkelley Moderator

I have run everything on that list except for the Dick Cepec and Pro Comp. IMHO the best money spent on a tire that will perform AND last any length of time at all. They were the ONLY tired EVER to survive one 10-15 day Christmas tree hauling season without needing to be changed immediately after the season was over. Only problem I have lately is finding them avaialble, there for a while they were on national back order and three months out so...

3. kevinblacktahoe

kevinblacktahoe New Member

I'd say the bf mud terrain, had them on my jeep, much better in the mud than the terra grapplers I have now

4. NCFD4303

NCFD4303 Moderator

I agree on the BFG's

5. KLFER

KLFER New Member

I have had great luck with the Toyo M/T, quiet ride great traction and I get about 45K miles out of them. I am not a Michelin guy so I wouldn't buy BFG's. Out of what you have listed I would go with the Hankooks, I currently run the Dynapro ATM RF10 and I will buy another set.

6. D'Hag

D'Hag Full Access Member

You don't state what kind of driving you want to do, where, or what model your Tahoe is. Assuming it's a Tahoe.

You should give info like this:
    My Tahoe is a 2003 Z-71. It lives in SW Iowa. In summer, it pulls a boat on the highway. Otherwise, it's driven on the road mostly when the roads are bad (ice/snow), an occasional road trip (mostly have a car for that), or to go anywhere on our hilly property, in the forest, dry/mud/snow. It pulls stumps and timber, hauls deer out of the woods, and climbs to high-mountain trout lakes.
    Mainest concerns are snow that can be up to the floorboards, and we want a quiet ride on pavement.

With this kind of info, you can get very good, specific recommendations. For the above, there are only two tires that fit what I want: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2, or Firestone Destination AT.

7. Bald Jerry

Bald Jerry New Member

Michelin... Best tires I have ever owned... Get the best and they will cost, but you get what you pay for is what they always say... Not sure on the exact ones I purchased, but they blew away the Duellers that came with my 2005 Tahoe for handling, and stopping in rain and snow...

8. Chevygirl77

Chevygirl77 New Member

Just put Continental crosscontact Lx20 on mine and I have literally never loved a tire so much. I got a great deal on mine, and they can be pricey, but now that I have experienced them I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again at full price.

Rstillsticks likes this.
  9. sonic007ca

sonic007ca New Member

I have Bridgestone tires with a load rating of 121 which is important. As well there is a new class of tires called "All weather" they are true all season tires and at times are cheaper. When I buy new tires I will be buying Nokian tires as they make hakapalleta tires which some police forces use. Only thing is hakapalleta is winter only.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

10. sonic007ca

sonic007ca New Member

There is also a new breed of tire out. The all weather. Quite a few all weather tires have better performance in winter. Currently I have 2 year old BFG on my 2004 Yukon Denali XL. They are good tires though

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

11. JDPHILLIPS1967

JDPHILLIPS1967 New Member

I always had Pro-Comp tires and have really had great results with them .

12. Rstillsticks

Rstillsticks New Member

Just installed some on my tahoe today! I liked the reviews so I figured I'd try them.