Will 305 55 20 work on a leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robsatx

Reaction score
My wife wants her Tahoe lifted, I am wondering if a 305 55 20 will work? Do I need to get new wheels also? Will it work with the 2.5 inch leveling kit? Any pics?
thx!

Kaboom

Reaction score
Dont know how much difference it is but a friend just had them put on a 05 sierra with no issues

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife wants her Tahoe lifted, I am wondering if a 305 55 20 will work? Do I need to get new wheels also? Will it work with the 2.5 inch leveling kit? Any pics?
thx!

I've seen bigger tires but I think you will be just find...:)

07TahoeNC

Reaction score
I am also curious about using a 305/55/20 with the truxxx leveling kit. I know I can use the 285/55/20, but I am afraid that this tire will look too small after the tahoe is raised. Would it be possible to fit them without trimming if I used wheels with a different offset than the stock wheels?

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 305/50/20 street tires on my Yukon without any lift. I had slight (very minor) rubbing at full lock left but they look great. The extra size on the sidewall might make it an issue with the 305/55's though.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
using the stock wheels will make it easier to fit them...or an aftermarket with similar specs to the stock ones. i think they will look and fit good but like i said some trimming will be needed on the plastics.