will this work on a yukon....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. This is what most have done if going HID in fogs.

Another option is paying $200 for a 5202 HID kit (no thanks).

There has been a recent development that instead of using an 880 kit and silicon "glueing" the bulb in place (messy), supposedly you can use an H3 kit. If you take your stock 5202 bulb and break the bulb off of the plastic base, supposedly an H3 HID bulb will fit into the plastic base of a stock 5202 bulb.

This was told to me by DDM over the phone when I placed my order. I decided to trust them and I ordered an H3 kit. It will be here Thursday and I will verify and post the results.

Here is a pic I mocked up so you can kind of picture it. The H3 bulb will slide into the plastic base of the stock bulb. (SUPPOSEDLY)

5202_H3.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I trust silicone better. I was just curious if an 880 bulb really fit in there with out modification. But when you get your kit in, post pics of what your doing. As your way might be easier. I just ordered a fog and low kit for my silverado. I will see how well I like them and try for the yukon. Thing thing is the silverado fog lights are much bigger and have a guard to avoid alot of glare. So im wondering if its even worth it in the yukon fogs with no glare guard. Maybe I could modify d1R hids in there which have a built in glare shield in the bulb.