window regulator help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bricejohnson

Reaction score
i have installed a regulator on a 1996 chevy tahoe. the problem i am having is that the arm on the regulator, the one indapendant arm not the two that are for the glass. the roller wheel is not maintaining contact to the 6-9 inch channel on the black door frame. it does one of three things, 1. works correctly, 2. binds up inside the channel, 3. never goes inside the channel, once its out of the channel i have two re-align it to go back in. the only solution i can think of working would be to weld something in front of the channel so the wheel cant come outside of it or to create a bracket so the wheel is always depressed towards the channel any help would be greatly appreciated. this is for a driver side front door

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need new rollers... they sell 'em at the parts store.....

clkelley

Reaction score
Nah, you need new rollers, it sounds as if the old rollers have either come loose or are worn/rounded allowing them to fall out of alignment with he channels. The regulator would not come with new rollers that I know of.

Bowtiecrazz

Reaction score
just replaced the regulator on my 95 hoe, it came with rollers, all the regulators i have replaced came with new rollers

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your regulator at? I am assuming both OP and Bowtie got theirs at different places....... Perhaps different places/ manufactures of aftermarket parts dont include the same options?

bricejohnson

Reaction score
it came with new rollers. got the part at 1aauto.com
matched up the same as the factory one i drilled out length and everything matched. maybe is was my bad luck any way problem fixed. drilled a hole amd used a bolt with a nu to hold the wheel into place so it cant exit the channel