Windshield wipers have a mind of their own?!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memphisboi55

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 99' tahoe and i believe my windshield wipers have a mind of their own.

When i flick it to do a quick wipe, it will go as if i turned the knob all the way..... other words, instead of swiping 1-2 times, it will swipe like 10 times.

And not only that, it never stops at the original place its supposed to, it just stops at random places, so i have to turn the knob like 5-10 times until it finally isn't stopped in the middle of my windshield!!

And 1/2 of the time the fluid doesn't want to come out!

HELP!!
:hlp:

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its the wiper circuit board. common problem. a few ppl on the site have gotten it replaced thru the recall. i just got a new one from the junk yard prior to knowing about the recall.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the drivers side edge of that PCB for corrosion. Its fully protected by the cover. clean it up and repair the connections if necessary.

41racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fix these all the time. It's the wiper pulse board. Pull it out and look at it with a magnifying glass. You'll see that the solder joints for the pins that the wire connector plugs into are cracked. You can resolder the and it will be fine.

SPXTrader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the recall info handy? My hoe has no problems, but my '89 K2500 has the same issues.