Wood Interior Scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyndac

Reaction score
I have an 08 Yukon Denali with the wood trim on the console. And it has some minor scratches on the wood drink and compartment holders. Any suggestions for some type of cream/treatment to take these out?

Thanks. Lynda

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might try some Meguiar's plastic polish that's normally used for headlite lenses. Or some very fine compound like 3M's PerfectIt.

GIXXER

Reaction score
I used to use Pledge, lemon scented, on my motorcycle's plastic when there were visible scratches. Do you think pledge would work on the type of material you have for the dash? It definately get's scratches and swirls out!

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that gives me an idea. I have some plastic polish that I used to remove scratches from the windscreen on my bike. I'm going to give that a try.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a bottle of Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #17: Clear Plastic Cleaner and I used it on the wood trim around the cup holders. While it didn't get rid of all the scratches, it did get rid of a lot of the smaller ones and it now looks way better. It looked so good, I did the rest of the wood trim around the dash.

It won't get rid of deep scratches (ones you can feel with your fingernail) but it it got rid of most of the other ones. I still have some that I know would come out with more elbow grease, but I ran out ;). That will be a job for another day when I have more time and energy. For now I'm really glad the way the quick clean up looks. I should have taken before and after pics. It's got a nice shine to it now.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the inspiration :cool2:. I had forgotten that I had that bottle sitting in my garage for two years!