Work in Progress...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe LTZ AWD

200 Miles (picked it up in April)

Current Mods: Tinted front windows, Lockpick, rear bumper bar(if you live in NY, you'd understand), rear LED tail lights, Low Beam HID and Fog Light HID, chrome tow hooks, chrome accent around side step, esky roof rack....

Future mods: Blackbear tune, GM performance exhaust, AEM CAI, 22" GM rims(CK-375), 70% windshield tint, 2 way remote/shock sensor/wheel deterrent security from GM...

I think that is all, I'm looking for some advice/thoughts??

None of my future mods are set in stone, so I'm open for recommendations..

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe1.jpg

Tahoe2.jpg

Tahoe3.jpg

Tahoe4.jpg

Tahoe5.jpg

Tahoe6.jpg

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice so far! Hey, when you get your 22s what are you doing with your 20s? I want some stock LTZ 20s, I have the Chrome Pkg 20s if you want to trade.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are your running boards automatic? It doesn't look like it. I always thought they were automatic on LTZ's...

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the fog and tail lights you got goin, what brand are the tails? Hard to tell, are they 3 columns or 2? They might benefit from a bit of tint if they're brighter than stock... Also the bumper bar idea, I keep my hitch on most of the time for that reason, and I noticed that people just don't tailgate like they used to... No one wants a black light bulb shaped hole in their radiator to remind them that it's a bad idea to tail gate! Anyway, the truck's lookin real tight man, the only thing I can think when I see 4WD is to go higher and bigger tires, but it doesn't sound like that's the direction you're going, which is okay too, as long as you don't kill it's natural abilities. I guess being in NY you're more concerned with it managing icy roads than you are with goin wheelin?

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fog Light Housing

Hopefully this post will get some hits...

Due to the HID Fog Lights, my housing is melting on the inside of the lamp. I want to get it replaced, but not with the stock lamps. Anyone have any ideas on replacement parts... maybe some projectors..

Any links would be useful.

Thanks

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this post will get some hits...

Due to the HID Fog Lights, my housing is melting on the inside of the lamp. I want to get it replaced, but not with the stock lamps. Anyone have any ideas on replacement parts... maybe some projectors..

Any links would be useful.

Thanks

Joey - what did you use for HIDs in your fogs? I recently purchased a set and I'm a little nervous about melting.

Thanks.

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey - what did you use for HIDs in your fogs? I recently purchased a set and I'm a little nervous about melting.

Thanks.

What do you mean? They are 6500k bulbs, I don't know the size or brand.

The silver reflective material inside the housing bubbled and melted.

Anyone know what I can use to replace it?

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? They are 6500k bulbs, I don't know the size or brand.

The silver reflective material inside the housing bubbled and melted.

Anyone know what I can use to replace it?

A few guys around here were modifying bulbs with too high of a wattage (55+ ?) and was causing melting, that's all. The ones I'm installing are 35 watts. I'm hoping it'll be OK.

Just wondering what you were using. I did see a listing on ebay for a complete replacement housing and HID setup for about 200. It can't be too many pages back.

Good luck!

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update-

I recently installed a magnaflow catback, AEM CAI and the Superchips programmer.

Im very happy with the results.

I'm now working on an audio system and a few options. I'll update once I have the setup on paper.

JasonS

Reaction score
where did you order the front chrome emblem from and how does it attach.i just baught one and it had no pins on the back so i have no clue how to mount it other than double stick tape.kinda flimsy then.thanks

jason

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck, clean..whered u find ur fogs??? how much?? what color??

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice truck, clean..whered u find ur fogs??? how much?? what color??

this mechanic at my fathers shop picked them up for me.. he also did the installl. he used 880's in the fogs.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! looks like we are going in the same direction. I understand the bar in the back. I live in the Bronx for 20 years before i went to the Military and you definitely need Brush guards and tail bars in the city. I would go 24's for the wheels.