WTF. who hates their XM now....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a call a few weeks ago about renewing my XM / Sirius connection. When I told them I was happy with my ipod selections & wasn't impressed by the new XM/Sirius lineup, they weren't too happy. They tried painting a nice picture about how new & improved the new lineup was, but when I said my ipod never lost signal while going through a tunnel, they basically gave up & hung up.

I would have loved to have heard that conversation. :smilielol:

sdoo25

Reaction score
I agree. All of my favorite stations "changed" to their Sirius counterparts. Lost Lucy, Ethel and Fred and others as well. The Sirius stations don't seem to play as good of music as the XM stations did. I'm going to give it a few months and if it doesn't improve I'll be cancelling as well.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the channels now on XM are not so great and I don't quite understand why this is. I currently have both XM in the Tahoe and Sirius in our other vehicle and at home and I have always much prefered Sirius over XM, but the channels they selected to remove and then add do not make any sense. I have never liked XM and even more so since the merger. What I always liked about Sirius is that they were commerical free, had a better feed, and most of the music was not the typical hits played on regular radio. It seems as if now both programs carry commericals and the compression is horrible for both. While they both seem to be worse, the Sirius platform has been seriously downgraded, IMO.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah all my spanish channels are gone and were replaced with world music! WTF. some of the hip hop stations are okay but I'm still not renewing.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy, I'm glad I saw this. I was on the phone with them to see about renewing. They told me that there were no deals available. She was REALLY rude. I then told her that I was online and there was a few deals available but I wanted to confirm it was the best they had. She told me to leave her alone and just use the website. :eek: Customer Service at it's best!!! I'm never giving them a dime now, told her as much. I also told her she better spruce up that resume because with the stellar customer service, the company would shut down and she would be working at K-Mart. CLICK! :smilielol:

I'm a certified customer support manager and I know how it 'should be'. :nonod:

kakytahoe

Reaction score
I think the same thing but opposite, in my truck I have sirius b/c I always hated XM our tahoe had XM. I could not wait for the merger to get sirius in the tahoe. Now Highway 16 took over both sirius and xm new country channles and it is horrible. New country on Sirius used to play a lot of new songs you can't hear on FM now that its highway 16 they have those stupid roadblocks and its terrible. Sirius also had good dj's before the merger. They should have left it seperate, they made it worse by combining and made those who liked sirius mad and those that liked xm.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the same thing but opposite, in my truck I have sirius b/c I always hated XM our tahoe had XM. I could not wait for the merger to get sirius in the tahoe. Now Highway 16 took over both sirius and xm new country channles and it is horrible. New country on Sirius used to play a lot of new songs you can't hear on FM now that its highway 16 they have those stupid roadblocks and its terrible. Sirius also had good dj's before the merger. They should have left it seperate, they made it worse by combining and made those who liked sirius mad and those that liked xm.

My thoughts exactly... IMO prior to the merger, Sirius was much better than XM, but since the merger, they both turned to crap. There was a reason Sirius was taking over the past 2yrs... and it all seems for nothing now.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any way to switch out the cm in our tahoes to sirius? i have the nav so i dont want to just have it chilllin on there not active, i think chevy should have to come out with a disk we can buy so we can get sirius rather than xm because they suckkk

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actully what satilite radio is playing on channel 16 sucks. Its all new crap that we hear over and over again. I wanna here a mix of songs from 5 years ago and todays songs, Songs that I loved but got sick of and now here again and love, My fm stations do that, plus they also play songs not out on cd or ITunes yet. With sirius at the wheel our music sucks. What they did was take xm and sirius and wreck it FOR BOTH COMPANYS ! !!!!

yatch07

Reaction score
i knoe how you feel fco gonzo the new spanish station suck the old one was alot better

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of canceling my subscription before the merger and now that half of stations that I used to listen to are gone this really seasl the deal I'm go to let it expire and not renew it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called to cancel and they offered me 3 months free. So Im gunna let that run and call and cancel 2 days before, maybe I can get the same deal:lol:

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im the same way, my ipod plays just fine with out comercials liek we were promissed we wouldent get with xm... im going to keep mine activated just because its only 5 dollars a month through family plan but if it was any more i wouldent, its not worth five dollars wow sad!!! my mom has a hd radio in her car and thats a good investment there !!!

josev9908

Reaction score
yeah im the same way, my ipod plays just fine with out comercials liek we were promissed we wouldent get with xm... im going to keep mine activated just because its only 5 dollars a month through family plan but if it was any more i wouldent, its not worth five dollars wow sad!!! my mom has a hd radio in her car and thats a good investment there !!!

What exactly is HD radio. Isn't it just the same old stations in better quality. I really have no idea what it is. Also with the Sirius/Xm merger they have deleted stations that I enjoyed but other than that I still enjoy the amount of various programming offered, and the music has always been commercial free on Sirius. XM a few years back alloowed some regular stations to broadcast over their signal and that is why some of their stations have commercials.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD radio is basicually like having a huge antenna on ur car minus the antenna. some how they are able to broad cast many stations from far away that you can recieve. I am in south west florida about a 3 hour drive from tampa, and i am picking up alot of channels from there it is amazing!

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got an email from GM yesterday about XM radio. I called the number listed and told the rep that I never got to try out XM because I bought my truck used. (3200 miles on it and only 5 months old.) She set me up with a free 3 month trial. Told me to call back a few days before it expires to select a package. Asked about the $77 deal...and its was a go if I wanted it.

LOL :D

screen shot of the email:

t9w5qb.jpg