Xm Radio Called At Noon Sunday Fathers Day!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txshriner

Reaction score
so here i am sitting at the dinner table at my dads at 12:05 and my cell phone rings. not a real conveinant time but i answer it. it is a lady from XM wanting to renew my contract! i said "lady it is noon on sunday and fathers day on top of that!" she says "well we have a really good deal for you today." and still kept trying to sell me! is it just me or was that more than a little rude? are they really that desperate?

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
so here i am sitting at the dinner table at my dads at 12:05 and my cell phone rings. not a real conveinant time but i answer it. it is a lady from XM wanting to renew my contract! i said "lady it is noon on sunday and fathers day on top of that!" she says "well we have a really good deal for you today." and still kept trying to sell me! is it just me or was that more than a little rude? are they really that desperate?

That's weird.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is completely inappropriate in my book to try to do business with a stranger on the weekend or off hours. Consider this though:
1. In this internet age, the lines of traditional business hours have been blurred. As sure as I can make a credit card order at 3am Sunday morning, someone somewhere will think it's okay now to establish a business prospect on a Sunday afternoon. We get business emails at all hours. If you place an order on Sunday someone will mistakenly think it means everyone else is willing to accept business at that time.
2. It also makes me wonder if they made a deliberate marketing plan as follows:
We call men on Father's Day. If they are not a father there's a good chance they're with their father. Everyone is in a good mood, relaxed, some are even drinking. Offer them a renewal deal; if it is a simple savings they will be more inclined to buy it. Your attitude should be like this is my lucky day, and it just keeps getting better. Don't be surprised at the far-fetched marketing ploys big business pulls on us, many times it works undetected.
3. But because this is XM, the plan is not completely thought out, and they fail, as evidenced by your response.

Just wait til they call me today, actually hoping they will.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think they should call on weekends or fathers day for that matter, if people wanna call me on weekends or holidays to offer me crap, then when i order a packedge then saturday and sunday should count in the 5-7 business days. Its both ways or no ways. Thats how i look at it.

What i would have done is said to her, since you called im canceling my xm, probably she would have offered me some huge deal that i would have taken.