XM RADIO Help!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calihoe

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2004 Hoe...it came with XMradio Stock as part of the sterio! I just went to get the code to hook it up and noticed it seemed like it was already on....BUT...i only get like 7 different genres and in those genres i can only get 1 or 2 channels. So i have CNN,FOXNews, Ophra, Disney, 70's and something else.
It seems like it might be parental blocked seeing that there are no Comedy or HipHop channels to be found...anyone ever heard of this problem??
I'm affraid to call XM cause if i can get it to work for free...why not right?!?!
But it seems as if my service is limited for some reason.
Help Please!!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your raido needs to be "refreshed". I have a portable XM radio that I have not used in months I turned it on today and the same thing happened. Log onto www.XMRADIO.com and it will give you an option to refresh your radio (only if you have an active account). Hope this helps. :cool: Your car needs to be out side when you do this so the signal can go through.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also try to just leave the radio on for like 30 minutes with the vehicle out in the open (with you in it, preferably), and if it's just not loaded all the channel info, it should do it then. You'll need to do that anyway after contacting XM to do a "refresh".

You can do a refresh online using this link. You'll need to tune in to Channel 1 and wait like I said above after doing that.