Can't remove msg on NAV screen since Lockpick installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonehunts

Reaction score
I installed my GMX-322 today with no issues at all. I also installed the new Vizualogic headrest DVD players and have them running into the RCA input in the Lockpick.

Everything works perfectly EXCEPT, everytime I've got the NAV screen on playing either the DVD feed or the rearview camera, the "caution regarding checking my surroundings" stays across the top of the screen. Everything else is perfect!!!

I've tried placing Dip switch #1 up AND down, unplugging the harness between changes but no fix. I called Coastaletech but they haven't called me back yet.

The only other thing I can think of doing is disconnecting the rear camera wire that was part of the kit and see if that makes it go away.

Anyone else had this happen?

gbleezy

Reaction score
nope, that hasn't happened to me. but while driving and when i unlock the NAV to enter an address, for some reason the GPS freezes so the turn by turn instructions won't work because the GPS shows me in the same place. the little red blip moves N, S, E and W but it doesn't move my location.

randyp

Reaction score
Everything works perfectly EXCEPT, everytime I've got the NAV screen on playing either the DVD feed or the rearview camera, the "caution regarding checking my surroundings" stays across the top of the screen. Everything else is perfect!!!

I have this message only when the rear view camera is displayed. DVD player is normal (nav dvd), however, I don't have video input via the lockpick.

nope, that hasn't happened to me. but while driving and when i unlock the NAV to enter an address, for some reason the GPS freezes so the turn by turn instructions won't work because the GPS shows me in the same place. the little red blip moves N, S, E and W but it doesn't move my location.

This is how the system works. It 'fools' the nav system into thinking you're standing still and therefore unlocks the nav address entry screen.
When you press

Window Lock & Mute x4 -> Temporary 60sec timeout for fooling the nav system into standing still. After you enter address or do POI then the buttons will grey out again and the nav will return after 30sec or so (it needs to get a GPS update)

Mute x4 -> no timeout for putting movies(video) on the front screen (nav is essentially disabled)

bonehunts

Reaction score
I've tried unsuccessfully to get anyone at Coastaletech to call me back since Friday. I've tried every combination of the dip switches and even unhooked the rear camera wire but the message pops up no matter what.

Hopefully they'll have a solution. Stay tuned.

gbleezy

Reaction score
This is how the system works. It 'fools' the nav system into thinking you're standing still and therefore unlocks the nav address entry screen.
When you press

Window Lock & Mute x4 -> Temporary 60sec timeout for fooling the nav system into standing still. After you enter address or do POI then the buttons will grey out again and the nav will return after 30sec or so (it needs to get a GPS update)

Mute x4 -> no timeout for putting movies(video) on the front screen (nav is essentially disabled)

The problem is that the GPS never updates. I drove for about an hour and the little red blip never updated to where I was at. It used to work before because I remember unlocking it while driving and my fiance would enter an address and it would provide the directions. Now when I unlock it, the GPS never updates and always shows me in the same spot. So I don't know if this is a problem with my lockpick or my NAV unit.

I wonder if the recall has anything to do with this. The article states that "A short-circuit in the system may cause other electrical features to malfunction."

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried unsuccessfully to get anyone at Coastaletech to call me back since Friday. I've tried every combination of the dip switches and even unhooked the rear camera wire but the message pops up no matter what.

Hopefully they'll have a solution. Stay tuned.

.....And this is exactly why I haven't purchased anything from Coastaletech, yet. I feel for you. Hopefully you figure it out soon. I'm sure there are lots of people reading and waiting to see what you find.

Good luck, bonehunts!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone complained that they never answer their emails. Now on the website it talks about making sure you put the "e" in Coastaletech, because they won't get it and can't respond to you. Well I spelled it right many times and have yet to ever hear from them. They truly suck.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anyway around it. If you watch one of the videos on their website you will see them displaying a feed from an iPod Video playing "iRobot" and you will notice that it has that message at the top of the screen.

b8sah0l1c

Reaction score
i'm having a little problem as well with the lockpick. the dvd feature work as it should. but when i go into the nav screen the gps position is way off. when i drive the gps position is about a block slower than where i'm actually are. it puts me a block a way from my house. when you enter an address and start the guidance sometime it shows that you aren't even on the road. it tell you to turn left/right one road before your actual turns. this isn't good if you are at an unfamiliar area.

gbleezy

Reaction score
i'm having a little problem as well with the lockpick. the dvd feature work as it should. but when i go into the nav screen the gps position is way off. when i drive the gps position is about a block slower than where i'm actually are. it puts me a block a way from my house. when you enter an address and start the guidance sometime it shows that you aren't even on the road. it tell you to turn left/right one road before your actual turns. this isn't good if you are at an unfamiliar area.

try pushing the mute button twice to "lock" the nav and your GPS should update. mine used to "lock" automatically after a few minutes but now it stays "unlocked" for a long period of time so I have to "lock" it so that my GPS updates. at first the lockpick worked flawlessly but now it's so inconsistent.

bonehunts....keep us updated with your situation.

bonehunts

Reaction score
Well, I viewed the video referenced above and IT'S BRAND NEW!!!!! That was not the same video up last week. Also note that there's a GEN5 which is also new.

The video clearly shows the banner across the top of the screen.

Note to anyone using the GMX-322, if you're running ANYTHING through the A/V ports on the unit, the banner will show. No way around it.

I wish they would have returned my last few emails/phone calls and just told me though :(

b8sah0l1c

Reaction score
try pushing the mute button twice to "lock" the nav and your GPS should update. mine used to "lock" automatically after a few minutes but now it stays "unlocked" for a long period of time so I have to "lock" it so that my GPS updates. at first the lockpick worked flawlessly but now it's so inconsistent.

bonehunts....keep us updated with your situation.

i did let it update but it is still way off on the positioning. i drive on a main road that have numbers as street name. i'll be at 7th street and on the nav it show that i'm at 3rd street.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I viewed the video referenced above and IT'S BRAND NEW!!!!! That was not the same video up last week. Also note that there's a GEN5 which is also new.

The video clearly shows the banner across the top of the screen.

Note to anyone using the GMX-322, if you're running ANYTHING through the A/V ports on the unit, the banner will show. No way around it.

I wish they would have returned my last few emails/phone calls and just told me though :(

Eh, I'm 100% positive that video has been up for more than just a week. There are several videos up on their site. I ordered my lockpick several weeks ago and that is the same one that I viewed before I ordered.

bonehunts

Reaction score
You may be right...I only saw about 5 different ones over the course of considering it. Regardless, their customer service department has dropped the ball on courtesy.