Which torsion keys to buy ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeachRide

Reaction score
I just installed 285-75-16 H3 wheels/tires on my '00 Tahoe and do not have any rubbing issues with normal driving, but definately plan to install torsion keys soon for more clearance. I have seen keys from $50 - $300 and would like to opinions on which keys you guys/gals have used and any pro/cons. My biggest question with the cheaper keys are of course quality and proper fit.

Thanks !
Dave

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me personally....I like maxx camm...you can adjust them, and they are better built(more steel) than the stock ones. do some research b4 you buy but Id start with the maxx cam or the link pete left you. good luck

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you maxed out your stock ones? I would not crank any more than about 1.5 or 2 inches after that then cv angles start to get a little steep.

Edit: I think that you can buy some ford keys and you will be able to crank higher that the stock keys.

BeachRide

Reaction score
I have not lifted the truck at all yet and don't plan to with out new keys. Thanks for the input..

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would crank the stock ones first you might be able to get enough lift with them and it would save you a little money. But make sure you go and get an alignment after you do it.

grantxurismo

Reaction score
Have you maxed out your stock ones? I would not crank any more than about 1.5 or 2 inches after that then cv angles start to get a little steep.

Edit: I think that you can buy some ford keys and you will be able to crank higher that the stock keys.

thats what i did, so torsion keys would not help for me, the stock ones almost maxed out were at the limit of still be able to get good alignment