1999 denali project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

excessive81

Reaction score
well the final parts are showing up for my denali project. when i got it it needed a few things like new carpet and driverside mirror and door hing bushings. i am adding a huge stereo to the car consisting of:

alpine cd payer
alpine cd changer
alpine blue tooth phone system
alpine mp3 connection
jl audio 450/4
2 jl audio 1000/1's
2 12w7's
6.5 inch jl audio xr componets up front
6.5 inch jl audio xr coaxils in the rear
jl audio wires and connections
dual red top optima batteries
ported box with 1" plexiglass front and mirrors and neon lights inside
100sq ft of dynomat.

stage two will be a big flip down monitor with xbox 360 and sun visor monitors. then once inside finished i will be dropping a lt1 or ls2 in it...my company is excessive performance so got to go fast as well...:thumbsup:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's gonna shake the whole town, and sound sweet in the process! :yesnod:

excessive81

Reaction score
lol destirbing the peace is the idea.....i use my cars to showcase my business so it makes it a lil easier on the wallet....i got this for the guys that want the crazy stereo to knock down houses and then i have a boneville with a 8w7 with a 250/1 to freak them out with what a 8 inch sub can do!!!

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that sounds sick!! Make sure to post pics of the LS1 or LS2 install, I've been looking into doing that myself! Can't wait to see it!! :Chevy:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
That sounds cool. Can you get your hands on a 4 bolt version LT5? You'd definitely stand out with an LT5 swap in a Yukon for sure.

excessive81

Reaction score
PICT3289.jpg

PICT3287.jpg

PICT3286.jpg

PICT3285.jpg

PICT3284.jpg

PICT3279.jpg

PICT3280.jpg

PICT3283.jpg

PICT3281.jpg

excessive81

Reaction score
well put 14 hours in on it today. got sound deadner all in and wires all ran. rear seats back in ant console and front seats will go in tommorow morning. passenger side mirror got here tonight as well so i will put that in tommorow as well before i mount the door panels back on. then got to make fiberglass panels for the rear doors to get the 6.5 inch speakers in. the stock speakers are 5.25 and the magnets on the xr's is huge so they hit the inside of the door if you try to mount them behind the grill and the grill is curved so you can just cover them and mount the speakers to them.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awsome job so far. When you had that a part do you happen to know how much room you had for that stereo. I am looking to add a 7" touch screen in dash dvd receiver but i am finding that my stereo is about 3.5"H at most and these 7" screens are running around 3.93"H or 4". You think i would be able to just trim the plastic dash panel and fit it still?

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
double din

So a few more questions...Looks like by all the work your doign you know a few things. I marked on your picture the size im trying to reach. You dont think i will be able to fit it within that area? How might i go about moving the heater controls. I am just looking for possible at most around .25" or less.

Attachments

• PICT3289.jpg
    PICT3289.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 5

excessive81

Reaction score
the heater controls just clip to the dash. if you have a fremel tool you could lengthen the slot the amount you need to lower them. if you keep it the same size you should be okay. the real issue is the way the deck mounts to the dash. you mount you deck to a mounting kit that slide and locks into the dash. you will have to custom make the whole set up. we have done this befor but it takes alot of work. but below the heater controls in nothing on my dash just a fake panel cover so there is room to lower them pretty easy.

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After lowering the heater controls what i need, couldnt i just mount the clips that slide and lock in a different location on my stereo changing the relative position it holds it? Moving the location up or down however much i need?

excessive81

Reaction score
the issue is they don't make a kit to hold the screen in that dash so you have to make one from scratch. the kit for the trucks is actually smaller then your screen and the there is no clips it one piece of plastic that slides into and locks into the molded in part of the dash. i would suggest getting some of the straping that they sell that has the holes in it. you will want the thicker stuff. mount two or three if they will fit L pieces to each side of the radio and then drilling holes in the dash and screwing the radio to it. then get a piece of thin plex and make a cover to go around the radio that you will see. make it fit then spray it with a textured finish paint(if you could get ahold of a piece of abs that i s already black and textured would be best).

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pic's and the Work progress are great! Can this be updated?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree.

I havent seen this thread before. I musta just missed it. Im glad I found it becuase I JUST got done putting my interior back together.

better late than never, and man. NICE WORK.