07033 bug strikes! Rhyme or reason?..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came out from work today and hit the fob to open the doors....nothing. Manually unlock and get in, turn key....zippo. Within 9 hours, the battery was entirely discharged. This is the first incident in 10 weeks of ownership and 5,500 miles. Does anyone know what triggers the discharge gremlin? Is it a sequence of events, or just a random bug? I have to get it to the dealer (250 miles away) in 2 weeks for service. In the meantime, I have a new set of jumper cables just in case.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually its an aftermarket security system or stereo amp/component that does it just find the source by pulling fuses each night

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but it's totally stock at the moment. If it did it on a regular basis, I would pull fuses like you suggest. But this just popped up suddenly, and then went away just as quickly. It was fine this morning.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, no clue. Do you have any trouble codes that it is setting off?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently, this is a known bug, and I know of other owner's who have had this same problem. There is a bulletin or recall out for this problem so GM is aware of it. What annoys me though is my dealer sat on my Tahoe for nearly 2 weeks before I picked it up, and had plenty of time to perform the reflash that fixes the problem. Picked up a set of jumper cables last night, just in case.