Parts Advice - Shocks & Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

visioncasting

Reaction score
I have an 02 Yukon 4wd w/just under 90k miles. The brakes are all original as are the shocks. The ride is getting a little rough and the brakes are getting close.

Can anyone suggest new parts brand/model/source that you are really happy with?

I am amazed with the brakes - having gone 90k miles of tough Atlanta stop-n-go traffic w/the OEM. Do you know another that will give me that kind of service?

As for shocks - the OEM were OK, but not stellar. I'd like to upgrade a little, but I don't need a hard-core offroad setup. It's be mainly driven on paved roads, but I do take it hunting & fishing on dirt roads and the occasional forrest service road as well. Got anything you particularly love?

Thanks for the advice!

VC

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Ceramic brakes will give you a long service life. You can get replacement OEM ceramic brake pads from your local auto parts store. Hawk and EBC brand pads are good upgrades also.
As for shocks, I've used KYB for a simple upgrade, and Tokico for even better performance. Bilsteins and Edelbrock IAS shocks are even better. Depends on your budget.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Akebono PRO Act Ceramic Pads. OE Manufacturer for brake pads on all GM 800 Trucks! I work for an undercar wholesale distributor. The Akebonos work better than anything! KYB shocks are good. Go with the monomax (the red ones) you'll have "like new" brake feel and "like new" ride quality!